1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Random EofException crashes [Multiplayer]

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Heartstrings, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Playing in 1.0 with a couple of my friends on Multiplayer.
    I join the game, wander around on a planet for a while, no issues for a few minutes, and then I'm booted from the server with the error below.
    • Exception caught in client main-loop (EofException) Failed to read main buffer in readFull, eof reached.
    I try connecting again, but the same thing happens after a second or two. The third time crashed the game. The fourth time didn't crash, but was otherwise identical to the first and second.

2. Ragnarocckk

Ragnarocckk Void-Bound Voyager

Have I, I host a server with hamachi and after a certain time my friend also crash and can not return to the server. I told him to make another character and he was able to connect, but how is it that his character reconnects without bug?

Here is what is marked when it connects with its first character

exception caught in client main-loop( EofException) Failed to reach full buffer in readfull eof reached

3. Starmaster212

Starmaster212 Void-Bound Voyager

That error happens whenever I first beam down to a planet in a server. In the server I just kept rejoining like 20 times and then the world loaded and it was fine. I haven't found any ingame resolutions except to just keep rejoining until it stops. If someone has an easier resolution, please tell. Thanks!

Note: Each time I join, the time between joining and the error occuring, seems to become a longer time away. It's just enough for the world to start loading in those 3 seconds, and eventually it'll be fine.

4. zentaur131275

zentaur131275 Orbital Explorer

i have the same problem. playing 1.01, it happens after an hour of playing, sometimes half an hour with the next character, seems not to be regular. changing a server, same problem there after short time of playing. only single player seems to be stable.

5. derSchotte

derSchotte Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I get the same error over and over again on my Debian Starbound Server...

Root Server: Debian 8.0 x86_64 / 4x 3,6 GHz / 6Gig
    Starbound Installation with SteamCMD ( Steam App ID: 211820 ) latest Version
    Workshop Files:
    Automatic Doors
    H.W.T.B.U.T.
    Improved Food Description
    Slow Hunger
    Food Stack
    Themed Colony Deeds
    Tier Nine Ships
    Gardenbot2: Reboot Edition
    Frackin'Music
    XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition
    Frackin'Universe
    Inventory Interface Redone
    Xbawks Character Extender

Client Starbound ( Steam Version ) runs on Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / I5 4440 / 16GIG
    Workshop Files:
    Automatic Doors
    H.W.T.B.U.T.
    Improved Food Description
    Slow Hunger
    Food Stack
    Themed Colony Deeds
    Tier Nine Ships
    Gardenbot2: Reboot Edition
    Frackin'Music
    XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition
    Frackin'Universe
    Inventory Interface Redone
    Xbawks Character Extender

6. Starmaster212

I've figured it out! Well, for my issue at least. I had the enhanced storage mod and the hoarder addon isn't multiplayer friendly. I got rid of it and the eof stopped. Or it was a coincidence that it worked after I took out the mod. Good luck!

7. derSchotte

derSchotte Void-Bound Voyager

Starmaster212, did you remove it from the server or only from the client or both client and server?

8. Starmaster212

I'm not good with any of this at all, but here's what happened/I did.
    1.) I had the Enhanced Storage mod
    2.) I joined BoundStar server
    3.) I beamed down and there wasn't anything except the biome background thing
    4.) Game immediately crashed and had the error
    5.) I got rid of the mod
    6.) Either coincidence, or deleting the mod stopped the error and the world loaded
    7.) Yay no more error
    Again, I'm not good with the "client error" crap.

narayanjr likes this.
  9. narayanjr

narayanjr Big Damn Hero

Fixed the problem for me, Thanks. I had one character go down and started another because I couldnt get my main working. After getting my secondary up it started crashing the same way. I uninstalled Enhanced Storage from Client side and I am able to connect again just fine. I also readded it and I am still able to connect. Not sure how long that will last though

10. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm having this issue with multiplayer as well, but I do not have enhanced storage installed.

11. Starmaster212

Probably until you beam down...
    --- Post updated ---
    Do you have any mods?

12. Jables

Jables Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having this same problem. Can't get into multiplayer server. I host the server myself. No mods installed.

Just reinstalled Starbound on my end, but no luck.

Exception caught in client main-loop (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached.

Can anyone help? This really sucks. I don't want to wipe the universe, as my friends have been playing a ton.

Please help!

13. tommo1993

tommo1993 Void-Bound Voyager

Uninstall. Your. Mods...

Really this helped for me.

14. Jables

Jables Void-Bound Voyager

As I said, I have no mods installed.

My issue turned out to be easy. Just had to restart the server because it was running 1.0 still and not the update.

15. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

my friends have the same problem even with the exact SAME modlist.

16. Joe The Eskimo

Joe The Eskimo Intergalactic Tourist

I have this same error, but it only happens when a well is placed on the planet.

17. KirkWS

KirkWS Intergalactic Tourist

This happened to me twice. I found a work around the first time by deleting the most recent world file and losing the world progress. The second time it happened on my base building planet. So I renamed the most recent world file. Started the game again, this time i spawned in my same location in a fresh world, took a step to the left. I exited the game, deleted the newly generate world file, and named back my orignal world file. I restart, spawned a step to the left, uncrashed.

18. djcheezenipz

djcheezenipz Big Damn Hero

i have starbound, latest version and i also have
    frackin universe
    pokeballs
    tiles and greebles
    advanced action spawn
    head hunting
    and im getting this error
    any ideas???:nuruhype:

19. linonetwo

linonetwo Intergalactic Tourist

Take a look at https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731220462/2806204040002392779/

I used to encountered this error, but now it's gone.

I looked my client error, it was just (EofException) Failed to read main buffer in readFull, eof reached.
    And server don't have any error.

But today I look at the begining of the server log, it was saying `..../211820/731220462 directory not found`, then I got it...Server don't even load this mod! So I managed to fix it now.