Boss Random Bosses

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by bugsysboy21, Dec 10, 2013.

?

Agree?

1. Yeah, I want to encounter a mega-alien one day!

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Sounds bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bugsysboy21

bugsysboy21 Big Damn Hero

I have noticed the only mega bosses in the game are scripted/hand crafted. As much as I like hand crafted bosses, I feel the addition of randomly generated bosses would be amazing.

This would just be like the random creation/spawning of a monster whos parts are pulled from a special boss part bank, and who is generally more epic and dangerous then most creatures. I feel the scripted bosses and only minibosses spawning is a bit limited for what Starbound can do.

2. This is a very cool idea, I hope they give it thought.

As I say

Cthulhu Fatagn!
    Cthulhu Fatagn!
    Cthulhu Fatagn!

This brings up another idea.. Mega creatures.
    Maybe you could land on a planet , only to find everything on it except the plants are Huge (sort of like a planet in a dinosaur like state)

bugsysboy21 likes this.
  3. bugsysboy21

Lol, that would be sweet. Massive monsters walking around

4. bugsysboy21

Oh yeah, P.S, I need to see a prehistoric biome now. Thanks for getting me excited lol.

5. Ohsillyus

Ohsillyus Sandwich Man

Would the random bosses simply be upsized beasties or have their own bossparts?

6. bugsysboy21

"monster whos parts are pulled from a special boss part bank"
    I said that in the post lol. They would have their own special boss parts to make them a bit more like bosses and not just large versions of regular creatures.
    Minibosses could just be huge upscaled creatures however.

7. Ohsillyus

Ohsillyus Sandwich Man

I derped my herp. sorry about htat. And yes random bosses. With all the randomness! but it'd be even better if it wasn't totally random so they'd be biome themed like a randomized desert worm.

tragicsz and bugsysboy21 like this.
  8. bugsysboy21

Maybe that would just go into the parameters, it needs to match its biome. Which I have noticed a lot of the creatures do anyway, like I don't see scorpionish creatures in snow biomes ever.

9. bugsysboy21

10. tragicsz

tragicsz Industrial Terraformer

+1

This would provide much more content after endgame.

Biome specific mega-bosses would be rad

bugsysboy21 likes this.
  11. Koor

Koor Space Spelunker

I actually came here to make a similar post. I like the idea of making the miniboss monsters you randomly encounter into something more impressive. Also, instead of having those miniboss monsters drop a random weapon (which tends to be crappy), why not have them drop a unique material (similar to matter blocks) that can be used to craft powerful weapons. Make each boss drop only 1 or 2, and weapons require 12+. Each sector would have a different material which could be used to craft a weapon that would be competitive into the next sector. This would encourage players to explore more worlds, and to avoid players just searching world surfaces, maybe add a few underground bosses that give 4-5 of the material (to compensate for the time taken digging down and finding them).

12. bugsysboy21

Glad you guys agree with my post. We need random bosses please!

13. Koor

Koor Space Spelunker

I would still love to see something like this. Has there been any mention of this as of late?

14. AceZX57

AceZX57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

There are random bosses...but they are minibosses, and I suppose bosses in places like Avian temples would be interesting, some sort of chamber could be added to the temples where the beast would spawn.

15. Koor

Koor Space Spelunker

What we are talking about is something like the normal story bosses, but randomly existing on planets. The currently generated "random bosses" are simply elite monsters with a bigger health pool. I'd prefer to encounter desert planets with a giant sand worm boss, or even to encounter a "living" planet that is trying to kill me. Random temple bosses would be cool as well.

16. bugsysboy21

Glad you agree, Starbound really isn't taking advantage of its procedural generation enough. They could just make a separate list of boss parts for their generator, it would just all around make the game better in my opinion.