1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Rainbow Light v1.4

A hue-shifting light meant to complete the rainbow biome's furniture set.

1. UnknownX

UnknownX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

UnknownX submitted a new mod:

Rainbow Light - A hue-shifting light meant to complete the rainbow biome's furniture set.

Read more about this mod...

Kayuko likes this.
  2. UnknownX

UnknownX updated Rainbow Light with a new update entry:

v1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. UnknownX

4. UnknownX

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I didn't notice this cool mod before. Outdated til now? Or perhaps I'm just oblivious.

Anyhow you managed to do what I tried (and failed) to do by copying and altering light.lua. I was going to make a ship light change color upon interaction, but only ended up with 7 states of white light and 1 no light/"off" state.

Now I see what I am doing wrong. Probably it had to do with a lack of sleep when I was attempting it, but I was thinking that entity.setLightColor() was changing the "lightColor" value. Clearly I see now that it was reading that value rather than changing it. I feel dumb.

The fact that I have no experience with LUA (other than tinkering to figure it out) probably contributed to my mistake as well. Anyhow seeing your mod succeed - where my less ambitious attempt failed - allowed me to see how I failed and learn from it. Isn't that half the fun anyways?

UnknownX likes this.
  6. UnknownX

Nah, it just falls into the void after a week or so.

And I also learned Lua from reading other snippets of code. It definitely helps out to know how others solve problems, but, most importantly, understanding how they solve a problem is the best thing you can learn. Good luck with your future ambitions!

7. UnknownX