1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Rail Tram Stop problems

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dasic, Oct 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dasic

Dasic Yeah, You!

Hi guys. I have a few problem with my rail tram stop. I want put it on a very long distance, but i cant connect two stops together. I am trying to connect it with delay wire, but they dont connecting, when i use wire. sorry, my english very bad, because i am from russia. please, answer me, how can i put tram stops on a very long distance

2. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

are the output and input things in wiring mode attached on both stops directly? only one is required apparently so just have 1st on the on you want it on and the second the opposite (i think it needs the top and bottom as middle is to call it i think?)

if you cant wire them together because of distance just add a stop afew tiles after you cant connect them anymore and it should work

youll need to also have the wiring upgrade for the matter manipulator if you dont already... also ive not done things with rails much yet so this is what i understood from the wiki pages.... so its possible it could be wrong but hopefully this helps

3. Dasic

Dasic Yeah, You!

I have problem in a distance. I didnt understand, what can i add for solution? what does it mean "a stop afew tiles".

4. Dasic

Dasic Yeah, You!

oh, i understood... i must create a lot of stops, if i have a distance problem? i havent got any solutions? only a lot of stops?

5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Well, you can hide the stops by only using the stops to extend the signal and not putting them on the actual line, but yeah, sadly, that's the only way to deal with the distance problem.

6. Dasic

Dasic Yeah, You!

thank you very much)

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

One other problem I've seen people trying to make very long rail tram systems have is chunk loading issues, where, if you press a button to get a tram to move to the tram stop your at but the tram is at a very far away tram stop, it doesn't come because it's so far away that it isn't being loaded, an active series of logic gate wires in between locations acts as a chunk loader.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017