Modding Help Rail Tram Help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by rindrundrandrend, Sep 7, 2017.

1. rindrundrandrend

rindrundrandrend Intergalactic Tourist

I'm trying to make 2 custom Rail trams. I already finished the graphics, and I want them to behave just like a standard rail tram. So far they're in the game, but every time I place them, they act like regular rail trams, and look like them.
    I tried to recreate a standard rail tram to test how to make one, but it encountered the same problem. All trams while place-able also lack the green, about to place, look. I feel like maybe I'm just missing a file that wasn't in station tram folders. Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Additional details are that my rail trams are unable to be placed as themselves. In the active item files, when I fill platform type out with the name, for example stationtram2 (the test tram i'm using before doing it with the actual graphics I have), it is unable to spawn, and when I change platform type back to stationtram, it just spawns a normal station tram (but without the preview place image). Even if I name every file and every mention of my mod station tram, into stationtram2, it doesn't seem to recognize it as a platform type. I'm new to modding, and haven't been able to find a guide or forum about modding for vehicles, and I've seen mods that make rail tram reskins that show up as a separate rail tram, so if anyone knows this problem or has the time to look over my files and try and point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

How could we? We can't see your files (and compare them to vanilla), therefore we can't know what you're missing here.

In these situations, you should throw your project in a .zip or .7z file and attach to the thread so someone can take a look at them. Also check your logs for any messages that might relate.

3. rindrundrandrend

rindrundrandrend Intergalactic Tourist

Alright

Edit : Updated the available file. Excuse the uninformative first post before I edited it by the way. Was really tired when I made it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017