RELEASED Ragnarok Online Soundtrack Replacement

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Haend, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Sarikitty

Sarikitty Big Damn Hero

Me too!! Met him through a mutual friend who introduced me to his server, and here we are ~12-13 years later :>

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

Ok I just wanna say this, did not play ragnarok back then but darn did I want to play when I heard about it, but eventually it was finished by the time I heard about it, after spending some time in the saloon, listening to almost every song, I think I'm gonna be busy learning the piano songs, I just love them <3 especially Purity of your smile and Not so far. I don't understand why such a great game with great music had to end.

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

I've put the link to Update 1 version for anyone who are having problems with Update 2 version. Really sorry everyone!

I'm planning to edit the seasonal soundtracks to contain 2 songs instead of 3 on each file. I'm pretty convinced at this point that the file size is the main culprit of this problem. Most likely will work on it along with Update 3.
        I apologize for everyone who got frustrated by the crashing. *bows*

• HeliumHe

HeliumHe Intergalactic Tourist

Holy molly... You basically included each and every of my favorite songs!! Kudos to you!!

Just one more nitpicky request though, would it be possible to add this particular track to the list?

This, IMO, was one of the best Soundtemp has to offer. I remember hunting Savage near Prontera to listen to this all day.

Thanks in advance!!

• SmackRaw

SmackRaw Intergalactic Tourist

This mod now make game crush....

• GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

Oh gee, how did it crash? Would there be some reliable info that he could have used from your crash report?

Drogean likes this.
              • SmackRaw

SmackRaw Intergalactic Tourist

When i click play game on steam this game client not show sir and steam icon make green back to blue

sorry for bad english

• Hoshikudaki

Hoshikudaki Void-Bound Voyager

Odd the game was working last night with this mod and now its crashing on start up. Using the original wavebank works fine.
                  Using SMAPI shows this in the logs
                  Code:
                  Game failed to start: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
                     at new[](UInt32 )
                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.AllocateArrayAndReadFile(String filename, Void** ppData, UInt32* pdwBufferSize)
                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaveBank.CreateHandle(UInt32 hEngine, String string, Int32 length, IntPtr& pCleanup)
                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)
                     at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Initialize()
                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunGame()
                  [13:47:09] Critical error: System.ComponentModel.InvalidAsynchronousStateException: An error occurred invoking the method.  The destination thread no longer exists.
                     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WaitForWaitHandle(WaitHandle waitHandle)
                     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
                     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
                     at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Program.ConfigureSDV()
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args)

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@Hoshikudaki Did you add more mods? Maybe you can try using Update 1 version and inform me if it works if you don't mind. I'm still trying to figure what is the cause of this crash, and until now every evidence seems to point towards file size.

• Hoshikudaki

Hoshikudaki Void-Bound Voyager

At the time I was only using a sprite replacer for the dog(few KBs) along with this mod. I'll test using Update 1 when I get home.

Edit: Tested Update 1 and 2 which are both working now... the bug seems to be inconsistant for me. I'll keep using Update 2 and switch to Update 1 if it crashes again.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
                      • patagonia932

patagonia932 Void-Bound Voyager

• DivineCake

DivineCake Void-Bound Voyager

• Spring (Wild Horseradish Jam) -> Good Morning.
                        Just a suggestion, it feels like One Fine Day suits Wild Horseradish Jam better! :3

• Synchrome

Synchrome Aquatic Astronaut

Works fine with the 1st update? Well, basically the file before the update where u said it's gonna repeat the song so there won't be silence. But show this after I change the wavebank, about 500mb something, I believe that's the 2nd update..
                          312.png

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Has anyone updated this for personal use? I love it so much, but there are a few sounds missing. I may have to crack it open and fix it myself xD

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can't just crack open the 1.1 xwb and the mod xwb and just paste the mod one over the 1.1 one and pack it again?
                              I haven't touched audio modding yet, might look into it later

• joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

I'm trying to fix it atm and I am getting all the sounds mixed together it sounds like death ugh... I think the files used might be too big

EDIT: I think somehow the order of the files may have gotten messed up... I'm investigating

EDIT 2: Nope that's not it, more investigating :/

The files are definitely too big! I'm surprised it worked at all originally. I'll have to see what I can do; maybe more compression will do the trick.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
                                  Roskii Heiral likes this.
                                • Roskii Heiral

Can you clarify what you mean by it being too big. I was using the larger of the two downloads with other mods at the time and it was running smoothly.

Are you getting an error message or just a straight crash?

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
                                    Roskii Heiral likes this.
                                  • Roskii Heiral

Massive thanks for all your hard work! I'm about to test it out =D

Edit: Just tested it out and its working perfectly!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
                                      joyous.ariella likes this.