1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Radioactive Planets - A new biome with a twist!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Vangoule, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Vangoule

Vangoule Void-Bound Voyager

Radioactive Planets

Description:

Radioactive Planets are planets which have been contaminated with high amounts of radiation, this causes players to show signs of radiation sickness. However, this also means that there are high amounts of radioactive materials to be found and treasure which has long since been abandoned. Only people with special suits will be able to survive in the world.

Features Implemented:
    Wasteland Biome - A barren wasteland which has high amounts of radioactive materials.
    Radiation Status Effect - Radiation poisoning is stronger than normal poison and becomes unbearable.
    Special Loot Tables - Treasure will appear more frequently on the planet. However, it's harder to obtain.
    Ore Levels - Uranium is more common throughout the universe due to radiation spreading from nuclear war and toxic waste being dumped aside in landfills.

To be Implemented:
    Anti Radiation Armour - This will allow you to stand on the surface of the planet without your brain spilling out your ears.
    New uses for Uranium/Plutonium - New explosives will be added to add more features.
    New Civilization- A race which has long since disappeared will now be reborn as players travel through the universe. What treasure and technology will they have, you have yet to find out.

Installation:
    A download will be available when more features have been implemented. Watch the post for updates as they roll out.

ohgoditburns, ollj, locsta and 2 others like this.
  2. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

No need to implement an anti radiation armor. Lokking through the game's files, it already has a Hazmat Suit. You just gotta make it's recipe IIRC.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  3. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

There's a team working on this already, maybe you can work with them too and combine your modding powers? o:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/toxic-worlds.41979/
    If you don't want to, that's fine too, I adore new biome types so good luck either way!

4. Vangoule

Vangoule Void-Bound Voyager

I think I'll decide to continue. I started this mod about 3 days ago and decided to make a tutorial on making biomes before making the WIP post. This has meant I'm a little late to draw the straw. However, I still believe that the mods will end up different enough to make them both fun.

nacnud117 and Svarr Chanston like this.
  5. NinjaBoffin

NinjaBoffin Big Damn Hero

Oh, yes!
    Making a tutorial on Biomes would be SOOO helpful!

bluecollarart and Svarr Chanston like this.
  6. Marrond

Marrond Space Hobo

This is what I would expect from Starbound by default. Good work, I cannot wait to see it when you finish!

7. XXdarkcasterXX

XXdarkcasterXX Space Hobo

This sounds cool cant wait to see it!!