1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Racially Appropriate Ship Backgrounds 1.02 for 1.3

Better default backgrounds for your ship, based on race. - Cheerful Giraffe Compatible

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

TheNewTeddy likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

hungry hungry hippo!

now this is a sweet mod, adds that tiny but VERY important bit o flavour to the mix! well done!

LoPhatKao likes this.
  3. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

If theres a way to do this though the patch system, modsize would shink dramatically.
    As is, mod is just the respective races modified blockkey.config files.

Some of the names in the example pics are .. different.o_O

4. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Don't know if patches are possible yet with blockkey.config files. It may just be a limitation with this mod until the game updates with fixes for the patch limitations. For now, since I'm using a custom ship for my humans, I unpacked your mod, deleted your human folder and then changed the custom ship's blockkey.config by copy/pasting your changes. It's a little bit of extra work to make it compatable, but its worth it.

5. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

Which ship is it? I'm looking into the patching, but so far it looks like I'll need to modify using array position, since the sub-elements are unnamed.

This should work as long as the custom blockfile doesnt change the order (note the /_#_/ in path)
    Code:
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/3/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/4/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/5/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},

etc.

Full vanilla Human ship patch: (I can't see anywhere element 33 is actually used, heh)
    Code:
    [
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/3/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/4/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/5/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/6/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/10/backgroundMat","value" : "baseboard"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/11/backgroundMat","value" : "baseboard"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/12/backgroundMat","value" : "baseboard"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/16/backgroundMat","value" : "baseboard"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/17/backgroundMat","value" : "baseboard"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/29/backgroundMat","value" : "wallpaper"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/30/backgroundMat","value" : "baseboard"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/31/backgroundMat","value" : "woodpanelling"},
    {"op" : "replace","path" : "/blockKey/33/backgroundMat","value" : "baseboard"}
    ]

hmm doesn't actually work :/ need to fix heh

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  6. greenRAM

I see. So, that's how that works. Neat.

7. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

ARGH!:poo::poo::poo::poo:

While technically correct, Starbound doesn't seem to actually apply the patch file to blockkey.config. :mad::facepalm:
    If I can find where to post, will be reporting this as a bug.
    Even when a deliberate 'crash to title' error was in patch, file was ignored

8. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Very neat, makes a pretty big difference even though its a small edit. Great work!

9. greenRAM

Yeah, I ran into that problem earlier, but I hoped it was fixed by now. O well.

The ship I was talking about earlier was one I'm working on. Do you mind if I use your edits in it? Or rather, I suppose I'm uploading it now, but I'll remove the edits later if I don't end up getting permission. :rofl:

10. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

go for it.

11. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Great job! It would be nice if these were individual so people could pick which ones they wanted to use.

greenRAM likes this.
  12. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

could do that possibly.

here is the unpaked zipped modfolder .
    apex is missing, since I didn't change it at all, felt no need to include it in mod

Attached Files:

13. DemonicLucario

DemonicLucario Orbital Explorer

can you add compatibility for the Avalii mod?

14. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

Probably easy to do, I'd imagine it's the Avali triaged mod? http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/avali-triage.2852/
    I may take a look at this (I don't use mod races normally, none since Koala versions)

If you want to 'roll your own' heres what you'd need to change in a races "ships/[racename]/blockkey.config":
    "apexshipwall" - the light grey wall areas - called 'Wall Panel' in game
    "apexshipsupport" - the vertical dark grey border areas - called 'Ship Support' in game
    "apexshipdetails" - the horizontal dark grey border areas- called 'Metal object'
    [​IMG]

for example, the changes for the florans are:
    apexshipwall -> hive
    apexshipsupport -> vine
    apexshipdetails -> plantblock
    [​IMG]

When you find some blocks that you think would work well, put them in inventory, open char with Starcheat, and get item name of the blocks..
    then use that name in place of the apexship* names

15. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

16. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG] the hive block doesn't match any of the floran walls...

17. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

it used to be green and look different, i just never changed it after hive became a separate biome and block changed
    could change it to 'petalblock' or 'floweryblock' in the file, or paint the hiveblock green

18. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

i just used green-painted moonstone (id:moonstone, not others if there r others)

19. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

20. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Does this apply once I upgrade a ship? I'm considering getting the mod then doing that to be able to have the new background, as I don't think this will magically change my existing BG for the starter ship...