Racial Weapons

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Vikilum, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Vikilum

Vikilum Master Chief

Human - Gunblades - Guns with Sword secondary effects. Sword can be swung if energy is empty. Standard issue for all Protectorate members, due to their usefulness at cutting brush.

Broken Protectorate Sword is now a Gunblade (with the primary fire being a machine gun).

[​IMG]

Apex -
    Psi Amps - Guns with Stave secondary effects (healing, low gravity, etc). Miniknog will now use them.

[​IMG]

Floran -
    Spears. Stab. Stab. Sssssstab.

[​IMG]

Hylotl -
    Katanas - Swords with two special abilities that both cost Energy.

(Solus Katana will now have its ball attack as its secondary, and its secondary as its primary)

Specials:

Flash Step - Performs an Air Dash to the target location. Player is invulnerable while doing so.

Butterfly - Old butterfly tech

Warp Blade - Quickly warp to the enemy, performing 1 slash, then warping back.

Lightspeed Flash - Attack every enemy in line of sight. Attacking will leave a damaging trail behind.

Deflecting Blade - Parries all attacks from the front, reflecting them to the enemy. Functions as a direct reflect for melee attacks.

Mirror Image - Pushes the player back, creating a mirror image in their place. The mirror image will attract and deal contact damage to enemies.

Log - Replaces the player with a log, preventing the player from taking damage. The player will re-appear at the position of the log after 3 seconds. Logs do not attract enemies.

[​IMG]

Novakid

Already added.

Ablekaine and Jappards like this.
  2. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

We need the old Racial weapons back. It makes me cry that I no longer have the human gunblades, and I really don't know why they DIDN'T give them a gunfire special.

3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

They NEVER had gunblades.

4. Ablekaine

I really don't feel like digging through the wiki files for previous versions, but yes, they did. They human top tier craftable Longsword and Broadsword were single and double handed gunblades. I do have this art of a Novakid wearing one of them as proof, not my art, and one of my characters wearing the other, IS my art.

commission___novakid_by_zeon_in_a_tree-d79dc1m.jpg
    ComposerStarbound.jpg

5. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

To be honest, I do not like the situation with the weapons. The produced weapons too monotonous and very few in stock. Randomly weapons simply not remembered, moreover, I regularly come across useless additional effects.

Ablekaine likes this.
  6. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

[​IMG] It looks more like it has several grips and a rather strange handle, considering how it doesn't look like it has a barrel. Then again, the (cut) description said it has "a few hidden surprises", so it might have been supposed to be a gunblade in exactly the way the common souce material used it: It's actually a vibration-based sword that uses the recoil of a gunshot to increase it's power...Which would have been an interesting mechanic.

Ablekaine likes this.
  7. Ablekaine

I am honestly willing to touch noses with a few devs to ascertain if it was indeed intended to be a gunblade, I mean the game loves its references, making the human max-tier weapons a gunblade would have been a decent FF reference?

8. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Or Parasite Eve 2 :)

9. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gunblades always amuse me in games because they were used for a very brief time historically and then abandoned because they were awful guns coupled with awful swords.

I mean I know it's just a game etc I'm just saying.

Ablekaine likes this.
  10. Ablekaine

Welcome to video games-where you can use weapons that make absolutely no sense.