1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Races in War?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GabirilosGR, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabirilosGR

GabirilosGR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My question is if Races can be in war like taking over their enemys bases-stations and if you can see them actually fight. I mean Npcs fighting each other.

If this will be in the game i will be happy :D :D

M C, Madmarlon and leet it b like this.
  2. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If the devs make intelligent races build bases , watch a faction attack another's base will very possible.

3. Glitchyroach

Glitchyroach Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The idea sounds really really cool, i'm not gonna lie. However, for some reason I doubt it will be included, or at least not in the release, they may add it later.

And I suppose if it's never added, there's always mods.

4. GabirilosGR

If they add this it will be cool and it could be better if you lead the attack xD
    Well if they don't i hope making mods will be easy :3

5. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am not too sure... I don't know if the team will see something offensive about wars between alien races, i doubt that they do though. Wars between races will certainly make the game more interesting.

6. Cyan

Cyan Twenty-three is number one

And fun , cause if u can join a war that would be like an strategy game as well

7. GabirilosGR

ye, that would make the game more fun :)

8. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Haha, sitting back and watching the NPCs slaughter each other, sounds nice. I think NPCs that kill each other shouldn't drop items, otherwise players could farm huge amounts of drops without lifting a finger.

9. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

Or they could just drop basic useless weapons

10. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

But what if a two races wage war on a level 100 planet? They can't just drop copper coins pixels then xD

11. TheLickers39

TheLickers39 Star Wrangler

Space police vs. Space hobos!

GabirilosGR, Zman12380 and Madmarlon like this.
  12. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Can't have too big of a battle in a 2D environment, though. You pretty much have to just split the map in two, no tactics, just tug of war.

13. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

Well if your on a level 100 planet you would have fairly good weapons and a huge load of pixels. They might drop an assault gun or a katana when you have laser cannons.

14. GardenOfFerne

GardenOfFerne Industrial Terraformer

Good idea. It would make the game really interesting because you could just be minding your own buisiness when you see two races start fighting right in front of you. Maybe the game could even generate quests where you could help out either of the races?

GabirilosGR likes this.
  15. GabirilosGR

That could be very cool xD

16. The O5 Director

The O5 Director Big Damn Hero

They would get slaughtered by the wildlife.

17. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Well I don't think they will actually make races have full out war, but let say race A hates Race B. The devs might have it set up so certain monsters attack a certain other when they spot them, thats about as far as I can see it.

GabirilosGR likes this.
  18. GabirilosGR

That could work too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.