Modding Discussion Race/species mods with world-generation presence?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Tremendo Dude, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Tremendo Dude

Tremendo Dude Pangalactic Porcupine

I love the concept of race mods, but moreso for the ability to encounter them in their natural environment and what they add to the world through their presence than for the ability to play as them. It's nice seeing more variety in the experiences you can have exploring the universe.

I know of a few race mods that add generated villages, but I thought it'd be nice to see if there's any quality ones I'm missing out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

So far I'm aware of:

Avali(Triage) (Villages and microdungeons with a lot of personality (and Data Chits...))
    Elithian Races (Haven't tried this mod yet, but what I hear about their presence in the world sounds promising.)
    Felin (I'm pretty sure I heard these guys have presence, but I haven't encountered them yet through my play.)
    Callistan (Villages and quite a few other encounters as well!)

Anyone know of any other race mods with presence?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

I'm still learning how to implement dungeons, because there's not awful many tutorials around that show how to make generated dungeons with Tiled-- but it's on my to-do list. So eventually you can put Squids in Spave up here!

I know that the Viera of Avalice mod has some degree of generated dungeons!

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  3. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Callistans

Features:
    -villages
    -villagers
    -village guards
    -merchants
    -guards
    -tenants
    -outpost visitors
    -hostile npc quests

DrPvtSkittles and Tremendo Dude like this.
  4. Tremendo Dude

Tremendo Dude Pangalactic Porcupine

Gonna have to look into that one. I see it in the list of upcoming features, but I don't see anything about it existing yet. Soon, though!

Thanks! I'll add them to the list!

5. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

My own race, the Canids, have their own little dungeon, it looks like a tier seven Canid ship landed on a planet. I would provide a picture of the structure but I do not have one at the moment.

6. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

My spirit animal right here.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  7. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

@DrPvtSkittles and @Marinebeast

I learned how to make and implement dungeons in Starbound with a very useful tutorial on Starbounder. I would have been lost without it.

8. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I thought your spirit animal was a skittle!

9. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

>_>