1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Race Gameplay Variation 0.3.2

Adds new mechanics based on the player's chosen race!

1. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

It might be a lighting mod fault's,like tanz's.

2. DruidicSymphonies6713

DruidicSymphonies6713 Astral Cartographer

Hello mod creator
    This is Ethandrel, hylotl adventurer
    I hurt myself with carrots
    (Seriously because I see that eating many foods actually damages characters, such as carrots and corn.)

I actually think it is from a mod which makes every race regenerate extremely slowly when picking a certain tech. (The stars my destination, mage tech!)

3. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

I was wondering:
    - For glitch users shouldn't water hurt them and oil can heal and/or recharge energy.
    - Apex get a buff from banana's (since banana's on it been genetically modified).
    - Avian could float when falling or take less fall damage.
    - Floran attack buff with melee since they are wild cannibal.
    - Hytol maybe cold resistance since they are amphibians.

4. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

Floran regeneration in light of health or energy does not appear to function.

As far as balance is concerned, glitch and novakid both have the significant disadvantage that tech provides a replacement for many of their immunities, and hylotl's unique benefits are lessened quite a bit earlier than that.

Still, I really enjoy the direction that you went with things and am excited to see floran fixed.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  5. Nebuleous

Nebuleous Orbital Explorer

how does the novakid heal besides sleep

6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Could be sun or chemical stuff like stim packs and/or chemical like food (or metal idk fully). For all i care they can have a heal per time/second.

7. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

I like all of this, except for one thing that isn't answered: How do Novakids keep themselves fed? After all, the lore implies they can and do eat, they just don't taste things the same way more fleshy beings do. they are, after all, a chemical/fusion furnace, and that needs fuel.

8. SilverDarkBlade

SilverDarkBlade Subatomic Cosmonaut

if it wasnt for novakids not being able to heal i would be using this

9. Ω Mephisto Ω

Ω Mephisto Ω Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if it's already known, but this mod doesn't work at all with the mod; The Stars My Destination - Sword and Spells.

10. 123cyberman

123cyberman Void-Bound Voyager

Umm i need halp... i`m just starting to download mods and ive been playing since the game came out and all i need help is how to actually put it in the game.
    Do i need Winrar,or can i just put the mod in the mods folder and it`ll work? I NEED HELP!

11. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Here's the gist.

You need help to install all mods, so you do not post on the discussion thread of a specific mod. Doing so just clutters up the thread. What you shpuld have done is look for a tutorial on how to install Starbound mods. You could have googled "how to install Starbound mods" or just looked at the stickied tutorial thread in the main Starbound Modding subforum. Both or either would have made it so you didn't have to wait for a response from someone else to explain it.

12. gg30433043

gg30433043 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What If the Novakid Race couldn't Use Bandages and such(Because they have no skin) And instead were the only race able to craft alternatives to these using core fragments. I mean not being able to eat and heal kinda bones the nova kid.

13. 123cyberman

123cyberman Void-Bound Voyager

thank you

14. rocksalt

rocksalt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Me personally, I think the novakid should be able to eat combustible or smeltable items for health regen. I can understand bad-aids not working, but a piece of coal or iron might make a fuel-based organism feel a little better, right? Then players have to choose between sacrificing some of their haul or toughing it out with the little bit of health they have. Ideally, rarer ores/combustibles would give more health.

15. gg30433043

gg30433043 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, I think that would make a lot of sense. Ores for food would be a good alternative.

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. hottheadliberty

hottheadliberty Void-Bound Voyager

To the mod creator, great mod! did you see that 1.0 is out, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. :nuruwink:

17. Spodi

Spodi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is a race ability mod from the author of frackin universe out there and it should work with 1.0. BUT the changes aren't that drastic like this one, so i like this one much better. Sadly 1.0 doesnt even know to load old modpack (or pak) files anymore...

18. AzrielsLament

AzrielsLament Space Spelunker

Amazing mod. though I was wondering if you were planning on adding the Avali or other similarly custom race to the list of races that have their own special gameplay mechanics.

19. DestroPrime82

DestroPrime82 Yeah, You!

So the paks dont work. I put it in mods folder, nothing, put it in Assets, nothing. what am i suppose to do?

20. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The mod has, sadly, not yet been updated for Starbound 1.0. IncredibleMeh also hasn't been around since March, so he might not have heard about the updates release.