1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Race Gameplay Variation 0.3.2

Adds new mechanics based on the player's chosen race!

1. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Bah, of course I'd forget to check the thread to see if a link existed. My apologies, and thanks for the assistance.

2. Cestus Aprell

Cestus Aprell Void-Bound Voyager

Do you think modded race compatibility with abilities and such would be feasible or wanted?

3. IncredibleMeh

IncredibleMeh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Apologies for not understanding, but it depends on what you mean by abilities.

4. Cestus Aprell

Oh just like what your doing with the vanilla races

5. IncredibleMeh

Ah, I see! You're asking about changes to modded races, such as the Avali for example.

The plan is to to find a way for people to easily add in their own custom race features if they wish, so compatibility is very much planned and wanted. To some extent I even want to toy around with the possibilities for certain modded races myself if I ever have the time.

6. Cestus Aprell

That makes sense ... as humble input wouldn't the Apex be more sluggish since in the lore they are said to have reduced the Complexity of their bodies to enhance their minds?

7. IncredibleMeh

That could be taken to mean a lot of different things. I simply choose to interpret it as human-like creatures purposely regressing back to a form similar to apes in exchange for that greater intellect.

Though I believe it is also said elsewhere that Apex consider themselves physically superior to the other races, second only to the Floran due to their unique biology.

8. Cestus Aprell

Ah ok I understand that logic ... If other races pitty humans for losing their planet could you have discounts at vendors/merchants for human characters?

9. DemiGODeath

DemiGODeath Void-Bound Voyager

I reported an issue, in which the mod doesnt work for me. it worked once with the modpak and the folder from github. i tried it one without the other Mods and it doesnt work. The thing is It worked once, i just got no clue why, then i died and it was broken again.

10. Richard Robertson

Richard Robertson Void-Bound Voyager

I'm very excited to try this mod out. I stumbled upon it by accident and it sounds like what I expected originally when I downloaded the game a week ago.

Cestus Aprell likes this.
  11. DruidicSymphonies6713

DruidicSymphonies6713 Astral Cartographer

I, as a floran, have had my game crash when eating reefpod. I do know this food is meant to be for hylotl, but in the game's beta stages, it said that coralcreep was the poisonous food, not reefpod. I do not see why a floran should not be able to eat reefpod since it was said that coralcreep was poisonous to everyone but aquatic dwelling species. Also, can Novakid regenerate when near fire and lava? Just a small suggestion

12. DruidicSymphonies6713

Another really small suggestion, instead of certain foods poisoning or doing negative outcomes on other races, how about no regeneration as if only eating it for no reason, or weaker effects compared to the other race...

13. IncredibleMeh

It's not that I purposely made it so floran can't eat reefpod, in fact I'm pretty sure they should be able to just fine if not for whatever error is causing the game to crash upon eating it. Hopefully by the time I'm done working on the next update for this I'll know what caused it and fix it.

I also have no plans for giving novakid any kind of passive healing when near fire or lava. Aside from it thematically not making much sense (they're allegedly made of plasma, not boiling rock or burning organic fuels) I deliberate avoided giving them a healing source to encourage long range combat and balance out the substantial amount of immunities they have. I'm currently heavily considering ideas like healing from radioactive environments or the consummation of uranium and other fuels, and given the dialog received from novakid upon inspecting various crops I'm likely to change their inability to consume foods soon.

For now, healing using beds will just have to do.

14. Cestus Aprell

You could have a side effect from eating (like when we humans eat too much and get sleepy) the chemical processes use a lot of energy so physical strength is effected to generate health

15. IncredibleMeh

IncredibleMeh updated Race Gameplay Variation with a new update entry:

Optimization, glitch movement changes, and mod costumization

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. DruidicSymphonies6713

Question, how would you try to get rid of these effects to download a new version or delete this mod if you were a floran? Also, for the food idea for the Novakid, maybe instead of turning the erchius crystals into food consumables, why not make them in a recipe only for the novakid, a recipe requiring erchius crystals or the like.

17. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Some things I think could be improved upon:

- Avian racial bonus feels very boring and is actually bugged, last time I checked, because I made a hellevator and took less than 30 damage from top to bottom. It needs something more unique.
    - Hylotl should have a slight health regeneration bonus from dipping in water.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  18. DruidicSymphonies6713

Hi there, my character, a floran, seems to be unable to regenerate health during day, and the energy regeneration has decreased dramatically. Perhaps this is because of the mods that I have installed, I do not really understand however.

19. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

This reminded me - I updated to the newest version of RGV, and my Avian and Novakid, which I made to use with the previous version, are now not playable. I don't have the exact log entries, but I recall their load errors mentioning that the avian and novakid biology status effects were missing? Now that it's the weekend, I'll do some checking.

20. IncredibleMeh

I'll take a look at all these issues and see what I can do to fix them.

This issues in particular though is my fault. I changed the name of the status effects after realizing that the terminology was confusing. I understood that this would render old characters broken unless all status effects were clear, but I figured it was better to make such a change sooner rather than later.

Mackinz likes this.