1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Quicklooting?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Another Kevin, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

For 1.0, is Quicklooting being discussed at the moment?

The drag and drop looting seems a bit exhausting when you loot mines with all their crates for example, especially because the game has no mouse sensitivity setting and my cursor feels odd since ever. This wouldn't be that much of a problem, i'm also using shift for looting which makes it easier, but because of the mouse-controlled combat, i have to move my mouse low to my character , then back to the crate, back to the character and back to the next crate, and that's where the goofy mouse really annoys a lot.

2. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Title Not Found

If you don't mind removing items from the world, you can always disassemble the chest. It'll drop all the loot right there for you to run over.

3. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

This is what I generally do, just take the whole crate with any loot it may contain, don't even check it. I'll sell what I don't want with the crate itself whenever I get back to the Outpost.

4. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought shift-left-click moved things automatically. No dragging required.

The MechE likes this.
  5. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Isn't there already a "take all" button in the nightly right nowm for containers?

The MechE likes this.
  6. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes the nightly build has a loot all button on the containers.

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Currently there is a shift click to move stuff to inventory.
    Other method is breaking chest/container.
    In nightly, yes there is an option if you don't want to break chest.

All of these mentioned above are still there, plus the new thing in nightly; as noted by the others.

8. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar