Suggestion Quick zoom button on Switch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Flechita, Feb 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Flechita

Flechita Space Hobo

Been playing for a couple hours on Switch, my only complaint is that there's no way to quickly zoom in/out the view, I find myself constantly switching zoom manually in options, because sometimes I need a greater overview of the map and sometimes I need to focus on a small area or read some text without hurting my eyes. There are many buttons unused on the joycons so I think this shouldn't be a problem and would be much appreciated.

• HairyBeast

HairyBeast Poptop Tamer

Totally agreed I find this the main issue when playing on the switch, and have posted similar suggestions. Maybe using ZL & ZR to zoom in/out during the game.

Flechita likes this.
      • LfitLoyal

LfitLoyal Space Hobo

I think in general you should be able to zoom in/out (almost) as much as you want. The Overview tab zooms out to a 1:1 pixel scale resolution which is otherwise inaccessible, for instance.

Flechita likes this.
        • HairyBeast

HairyBeast Poptop Tamer

What would be better, a complete zoom in/out function mapped to ZL&ZR (as on Civ 6 switch) or a quick cycle function between set camera distances (say 3 to 4 options) using the ZL&ZR buttons?

Flechita likes this.
          • LfitLoyal

LfitLoyal Space Hobo

Probably the latter; You don't want to access arbitrary levels of zoom because, as a pixelated game, that would make the sprites look bad if you were on a zoom level that wasn't a multiple of 100%

HairyBeast likes this.