1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Quick zoom button on Switch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Flechita, Feb 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Flechita

Flechita Space Hobo

Been playing for a couple hours on Switch, my only complaint is that there's no way to quickly zoom in/out the view, I find myself constantly switching zoom manually in options, because sometimes I need a greater overview of the map and sometimes I need to focus on a small area or read some text without hurting my eyes. There are many buttons unused on the joycons so I think this shouldn't be a problem and would be much appreciated.

• HairyBeast

HairyBeast Poptop Tamer

Totally agreed I find this the main issue when playing on the switch, and have posted similar suggestions. Maybe using ZL & ZR to zoom in/out during the game.

Flechita likes this.
      • LfitLoyal

LfitLoyal Space Hobo

I think in general you should be able to zoom in/out (almost) as much as you want. The Overview tab zooms out to a 1:1 pixel scale resolution which is otherwise inaccessible, for instance.

Flechita likes this.
        • HairyBeast

HairyBeast Poptop Tamer

What would be better, a complete zoom in/out function mapped to ZL&ZR (as on Civ 6 switch) or a quick cycle function between set camera distances (say 3 to 4 options) using the ZL&ZR buttons?

Flechita likes this.
          • LfitLoyal

LfitLoyal Space Hobo

Probably the latter; You don't want to access arbitrary levels of zoom because, as a pixelated game, that would make the sprites look bad if you were on a zoom level that wasn't a multiple of 100%

HairyBeast likes this.