1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question: Will the new dirt problems in nightly be fixed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ShinyKitten07, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

Differently colored dirt (and other materials) can still be present in the inventory, though. You can get it by using:

/admin
    /spawnitem dirtmaterial xxx '{ "materialHueShift" : yyy }
    /admin

where xxx is the stack size, and yyy is the hue shift between -180 and +180.

In other words, what was removed wasn't the colored materials; what was turned off was just your ability to collect them. So, in order to collect differently colored dirt, you only need for the Matter Manipulator to not strip the hue shift information from the material. If a setting to turn off stripping that info is added to the tool files a mod could be made to make every tool get colored material like before, or even to make different tools collect either colored or plain materials.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You do realize that I'm the one who posted that command the first time, right? It even has the typo I later fixed, the lack of a ' after the materialHueShift parameter. I first posted it on Reddit and then on my Radiant Worlds mod page.

I am well aware of the capability of spawning hueShifted blocks. I even made cobblestone hueShiftable.

[​IMG]

You don't have to tell me how it works. I know the ins and outs of the system because I've actually been a fan and using the hueShift system since Enraged Koala.

And you just have to trust me when I repeat I'm like 99.99% certain that this happens regardless of whether you use the Matter Manipulator, pickaxes, drills or explosions to mine blocks, so my point still stands.

[​IMG]

An option in the Matter Manipulator config files will not fix jack. It's a much deeper problem that needs to be addressed in biome files at least, or completely reverted since the change was entirely unnecessary and RUSHED in the first place.

Sarbinger likes this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So... @Mackinz .... would you happen to have a sort of color chart, or at least some rough estimates as to how the -180 to 180 system actually works? That's a lot of combinations to try without knowing where to start.

I have a world with some light pink dirt, which is like 1-2 shades lighter than Pink-Painted from the Paint Tool that I built my lab on, and there are a few spots of Mud/Rock that I'd like to replace with Dirt, but well.... it wouldn't look quite right and I don't feel like painting the whole area the darker pink color, lol.

4. Mackinz

I would need to see the dirt and also need to know if you have installed my Radiant Worlds mod to figure out the hueShift amount.

5. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

Think color wheel. Find the natural hue of the block you are placing, find a color wheel, look at the angle between the natural color of the block you are placing and the color you want, and you will have your hue shift. Clockwise differences are negative shifts, counterclockwise are positive.

An example of color wheel (each division is 30°):

[​IMG]

As an example of using it, sand (material name sand2) is roughly "Yellow Orange". If you want green sand, it's 3 divisions counterclockwise, so 90°; thus, you use /spawnitem sand2 xxx '{ "materialHueShift" : 90 }

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

No mod, and for the dirt...

[​IMG]

The paint tool's pink is slightly darker than this, and I realize this screenshot might not be a very good gauge (I could do another later) because of the fact it's sunset.

7. Mackinz

I definitely need a brighter screenshot, but I don't think I have ever seen dirt that color.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Okay, it FINALLY got daytime when I was on that planet...

[​IMG]

The Paint Tool's "Pink" is seen on the two dirt blocks on the right where the brown fluffalo is standing. The normal dirt is on the left.

9. Mackinz

I think you must be on a modded biome since the closest hueShift I've gotten so far is materialHueShift : -60.

So, try this.

Code:
    /admin
    /spawnitem dirtmaterial 100 '{ "materialHueShift" : -60}'
    /admin

100 is the amount of the block, so change it as needed.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well it is from Frackin'Universe (Tabula Rasa planet), so... I dunno if sayter has any modded dirt colors in FU or not, lol. But thanks!

EDIT: YAY, that was the right one. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Mackinz likes this.