1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Quests & Outpost Didn't Reset When a New Character Was Created.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FeralGh0ul, Jul 26, 2016.

1. FeralGh0ul

FeralGh0ul Yeah, You!

Let me give you a little backstory, today me & my friend both made new characters, it was all going well until my friend went to his outpost for the first time. When he arrived he found that shops that are typically locked this early on were unlocked, and when talking to Esther for the first time he received a quest from far in the main quest line, even after deleting all world data and deleting his local data the problem remained. I'm hoping to find somebody who also is having this issue as to help possibly fix this. Tell me what you think, ask questions PLEASE HELP

2. Mistwood

Mistwood Void-Bound Voyager

All your characters share the same universe, so if your 1st character unlocked x,y and z shop, your second character will be able to shop there when they first get to the Outpost.

When other folks connect their character to your server (assuming you're hosting it on your computer), they will be playing on your universe.

When he delete all his world data and restart, did he restart in a solo game or was he connected to your server? Also, the same thing happened to my sister when she join my game, but it didn't really cause any problem. She'd just get the shops opened, but would still need to do the "inspect every shop" quests as if her shops were closed.