1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Quests Disappear From Journal Upon Completion?

Discussion in 'Support' started by imabratinfluence, Sep 18, 2017.

1. imabratinfluence

imabratinfluence Void-Bound Voyager

Typically you have to open the quest in your journal after completion and collect a monetary reward or dismiss the completion notification. When I complete persistent quests I still get the little box notification in the lower left that my journal has been updated, but when I open my journal the quest has completely disappeared rather than allowing me to collect a reward or dismiss the completion notification in my journal.

I've experienced this issue for sure with "Catch a Squid" for Willy, and "Clint's Attempt." I don't recall which other quests this has happened with, but I haven't had this issue with the timed bulletin board requests. I have no mods.

flakibr and Borodin like this.
    • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Many of us have had that happen repeatedly over the years, myself included. I've never seen it dealt with, but I'm glad you've brought it up again.

imabratinfluence likes this.
      • EBWonder

EBWonder Seal Broken

I think there may be a limit on the number of quests visible. i had that issue earlier,but when i completed another quest it became visible again

• imabratinfluence

In this case, I had a total of 3 quests each time-- that is including the ones that vanished when I finished them. I've definitely seen the journal handle more than 3 on other save files, no problem.

And upon completing "Clint's Attempt," the other quest that disappeared ("Catch A Squid") never re-appeared.

• imabratinfluence

Well, poo. I'm glad at least you know what I'm talking about.

• flakibr

flakibr Intergalactic Tourist

I just encountered this bug on the Switch on a new game. It definitely happened with the introduction quest when I met the wizard as the last person. And I think other quests vanished as well, but I only remember that there were a lot more quests (I had to scroll in the journal) and only one quest was time sensitive. And then the next day when I checked the journal there were only 4 quests.
              Maybe it had to do with meeting the last person via a cutscene?

Edit: also happened with the quest to bring the first item to the museum. This quest was also done while in a cutscene. The „journal updated“ message was there both times, but the quest was gone.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
              • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator