Questions/suggestions about the walls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Private_Kero, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Private_Kero

Private_Kero Intergalactic Tourist

I'm looking forward to this game. There are some great mechanics and the designer does a great job with a few exceptions.
    wall.PNG
    I have seen the castle walls on your Twitter account. I find the idea quite interesting. Not much is known, but the tileset looks like it's an impassable field.
    I would wish that the walls could be climbed with e. g. an archer. He would then receive an offensive bonus, etc. Destroy walls and soldiers that can climb the w alls would be a great gameplay extension.

Offtopic: What I have missed so far is the combination of several biomes inside the map. Sounds strange, but especially with bigger maps the idea of arriving in the desert from the normal landscape is great. Also imo would extend the gameplay.

• Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

Hmm outside of that screenshot I don't recall seeing castle walls in any of the streams or other screenshots. Perhaps the idea was scrapped or they haven't exactly figured out how it's going to work. Either way I can't wait to see what comes of it.

• ppm4587

ppm4587 Aquatic Astronaut

I think that the 95% of the war maps are going to be in fields. and a 5% in castles (the enemy base for example)

• Chizuru Minamoto

Chizuru Minamoto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Its also possible that they'd make something like in Advance Wars, where walls could have a breakable spot, or some unit that uses walls. But if they do put the walls in, its probably just for separation, as far as we're concerned.

At the same time, they also haven't shown many maps... They've shown the same map in the last event as they did the time before that... So we haven't gotten any map that used the walls. So, wait and see, I guess.

Pangaea likes this.
          • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Maybe we haven't seen anything because walls are only in the campaign and not in multiplayer. I'm with Chizuru. Wait and see.

• MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

There were walls in one of the recent builds at I forget which event. It was desert themed, with walls separating the two areas. There were no air units.

• Chizuru Minamoto

Chizuru Minamoto Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hadn't seen it, but just found it. I'll post the video here, might as well. The map is at 1 minute and a few seconds.

• Colony

Colony Void-Bound Voyager

Again, thanks for posting this video!

Oh man, that was painful to watch...
                  Hm, I'm curious if air units can fly OVER these walls. Maybe walls can cost extra movement points for air units to move through, though it wouldn't make sense if this only applied to walls and not mountains. Mountains are much taller than walls, maybe the walls have archers that aim for air units so it'll cost extra to move through them, idk.