Questions on 1.0 Rail Platforms

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Shadow20218, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a possible way to make a multi leveled "elevator" using the rail platforms? This is for my main base where I have a three story area I want to make my elevator go. The elevator should be able to move down to a specific floor and stop. The main issue I have with this is being able to send the elevator back up without going down the whole elevator shaft first.

It would be so much easier if the bumpers could be wiring on/off though that is not a feature yet so that is not an option.

I have tried to wire a rail switcher and setting a bumper on a small side rail therefore sending it back up. But my platform seems to be determined to go down to the bottom for the shaft for no reason.

2. Shadow20218

Status Update: I have figured a way to make elevator work downwards any floor I want but the moving up bit causes the elevator to get stuck on the next floor's bumper then it gets sent back to the floor I wanted to leave.

3. Shadow20218

Has anyone even been wiring up the rail platforms yet? I have been trying for days for this to work but it will not go back up.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

5. Shadow20218

Thank you this is so helpful.