Question regarding rice shoots...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WilliamZ, Feb 20, 2020.

1. WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

How many of them you guys manage to get fishing by day 5? I was thinking if it's possible to reach farming lv2 using only them, since it takes almost no effort to care, just to hoe the ground and let nature do her work.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

It has varied.
      I've had anywhere from 0 to 24 in like 12 farms.
      Mostly it's been in the 7-10 range I think ?

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

I've definitely had 15, because that's exactly enough for Farming 1 for scarecrows, and I've used them rather than parsnips on one occasion; I think I got 19 by day 4 in that farm, which is probably the most I've seen

They're only 7 XP each, so Farming 2 would need 55 of them, which seems extremely improbable

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks, I was sure that you guys tried the rice shoots but I didn't wanted to pollute a existing thread, my goal is to reach farming lv2 with the minimum effort for basic sprinklers while I focus in mining.

Just to register, I just got 27 rice shoots by the day 5, most of it was in the catfish day.
          [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2020
          • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@WilliamZ Please note that stacking posts is not allowed. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Must say, I'm shocked at how easy it is to get rice shoots. So many things drop it, it's almost impossible to NOT have a bunch of them by Spring 14!

• UnexpectedParole

It has been a very wide distribution for me. Some farms, which may have been good luck days, the rice just piles in. Other farms I never see it.

The odd farm has only a few.

• squigglyruth

squigglyruth Pangalactic Porcupine

A question: are rice shoots more likely from fishing when you haven't dug up an artifact yet?

• UnexpectedParole

Maybe. It is an interesting point to consider.
                    I don't have access to the code to tell. And I don't recall the artifact status of all of the farms.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Obviously I now have a farm with 71 by the end of day 9

Elenna101 and squigglyruth like this.