Question about the Skill Prestige Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by alissad, Dec 4, 2018.

1. alissad

alissad Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all, I had a question about the Skill Prestige mod. I wanted to try using it now that there was an official update. I had a new-ish character that I just gave the tiller skill. What would happen if I started using the Prestige mod now? If I got the tiller skill again after I got prestige points would it stack or would I break it? Would it be better if I just started over? I only just hit summer year 1 so I'm not very far in. Thanks for your help.

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

There isn't an update that works with the current versions of SMAPI or SDV, so nothing will happen if you install it now.

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

As 10kcats said, it's broken. However, to answer your question for when it *is* fixed, you can choose tiller again just fine. It resets your skill bar entirely, and you can buy skills permanently with the prestige points. You cannot stack the skills, as if you have bought a skill with prestige points, it will simply not show up for you to get by leveling up, because you already have it. You will instead be presented the other skill for you to pick (not that you have much of a choice, lol). If you prestige both the level 5 skills, then from now on upon reaching level 5, you will instead be presented with a menu telling you that you already have both skills.

• SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Poptop Tamer

I don't know what you guys mean it's "broken", it works fine for me...

Not sure if this is why, but in the SpaceCore config, I set custom skill menu to false... so maybe try that?

• alissad

alissad Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry I meant unofficial update. Think I got my question answered though.