Question About Adding Species

Discussion in 'Mods' started by kylachanelle, Mar 10, 2018.

1. kylachanelle

kylachanelle Space Hobo

Hello! I'm wondering if there is a known method on how to create and add another species, as it's own animal, into the game? So, rather than simply re-texturing existing animals within game, I'm wanting to be able to incorporate another species, such as a farm animal (where it is purchasable from the shop), or a critter (an animal that runs around freely), accompanied with their own sounds and behaviours. Basically, adding a species as if the SV team themselves were adding them.

I already have Lavapulse's Custom Animal Breeds Toolkit to re-texture currently owned animals in my save file (which works wonderfully). The fact that I've seen most people re-texturing rather than trying to incorporate a new species into the game tells me this may not be possible :(

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Today I was thinking of adding back Hogs and Angus with the Animal Husbandry Mod.
      Using SMAPI, it's technically possible to add new species, but it can be somewhat difficult and could require some patching to the original code.
      Anyway, I'm not planing on doing anything with that anytime soon.
      If you give it a try, I would like to know the results.
      And if you never do and I happen to do it sometime, I can share the results with you.

HopeWasHere likes this.