1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest/crew hiring question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tanek, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello, all. I recently had time to play Starbound again (so many new things to check out from the past few months!) and noticed what is either a change or something wrong with my game. Hopefully someone here will know which.

When I last played Starbound, quest NPCs that wanted to join your crew would not only put on the uniform, they would have some dialogue when you were nearby to let you know they would like to join. That dialogue seems to have gone missing. It was only after a few quests that I noticed the uniform change (I am colorblind and, apparently, unobservant, so it was not immediately apparent to me) and saw that I had crew to hire even if they were not asking to beam aboard.

Is this how it is working for everyone now? Is it an intended change? If it is, I may have rather been the other way 'round. Kep the dialogue, but don't wear the uniform unless actually hired (otherwise, it looks a bit desperate, doesn't it? And the shame of having to keep wearing it if you are declined. Let them keep their dignity!)

Thank you for any information you can provide. :)