Tool PyMultibound

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by trainb0y, May 17, 2022.

1. trainb0y

trainb0y Orbital Explorer

Alright, I figure it's about time I make a post about this. (Sorry if it's the wrong place lol)

Description

PyMultibound is a set of python scripts that lets you easily create and manage Starbound "profiles" - snapshots of the storage and mods folders. It then starts Starbound with a custom sbinit.config that directs it to those folders. More Info

PyMultibound aims to be simple, and unobtrusive. It makes no changes to your current Starbound install, and removing it is as simple as deleting the scripts and profiles.

Warning: PyMultibound is rather new and experimental! There are going to be bugs! If you run into any bugs, please report them here.

Please Note: Currently PyMultibound requires Starbound to be installed through Steam (as that's how I play it) but if anyone is willing to help me make it work for non-steam installs please let me know!

Usage
    A description of how to start PyMultibound is here. The user interface is designed to be intuitive, but if you have any issues or questions please let me know.

The latest release can be found here.

History
    About a year ago I started work on PyMultibound, a spiritual successor to Multibound/Multibound Reborn, as neither seem to be currently maintained. I had some difficulties getting Multibound to work, and figured I could write my own.

A few days ago I decided to go back and rewrite it from scratch, this time with a GUI.

Source
    The source code is available here: https://github.com/trainb0y1/pymultibound, under the MIT License.
    Contributions are welcome!
    If anyone has any ideas for features that would be worth adding, I'm totally willing to add it (within reason)

The | Suit likes this.