PvP Wars.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Space Sphere, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PvP Wars.
    No, I don't mean small skirmishes, I mean, in multiplayer, we should each be able to pick our own individual homeworld (sharing a homeworld, as an ally or enemy, would also be acceptable.)
    You and your friends/ possibly your NPC's would be able to take up arms, looting and raiding another players homeworld.
    So pretty much this suggestion is a Party/Group system, with the ability to wage war on another group.
    You COULD NOT turn PvP off to another group, but the War-System could be disabled entirely in server options.
    Also, optionally, war would spawn colored flags withing the Space Station of each factions homeworld.
    Getting the flag back to your base without dying would score a point. Any suggestions for what points are used for?
    If the flag-bearer dies, the flag warps back to its Space Station
    Factions could choose their own color, and during war you would get a coloured, transparent aura of your faction colour, to help identification.
    It would NOT emit light.
    Also, Flags would be customizable. Wether it would be pixel-by-pixel or just colour/emblem, I dont know.
    Keep in mind this is just a concept, I have no idea how it would turn out in-game.

FixelPixel and Slye20 like this.
  2. Slye20

Slye20 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agreed. And also, maybe a match-maker like in WoW? (only, one that's actually good X3)

3. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

This would be great. I'd love to see things like huge battles. Maybe clan battles. Maybe make some tournaments where the team wins something like a certain amount of money and they split it between players.
    Each team could have to have a certain color of armor/clothes or flag.
    The matches would have teams build a base on their planet before the match.
    Winning conditions could be: 1-grabbing and bringing an item or npc back to your base. 2-Destroying all or part of their base(s). 3-killing a certain ammount of people. 4-Killing a certain person with stronger armor and weapons, such as the "king".
    There could be different tier battles. As in battles where you could only have low tier items, etc.

4. Matsu

Matsu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd love to see full scale galactic combat. Where you would take planets, push into enemy lines, and strategize on a large scale.

5. Space Sphere

I was sort-of thinking that any two or factions on a homeworld in a server, (if their leaders both agreed.) could initiate war.

6. Space Sphere

I was sort-of thinking that any two or factions on a homeworld in a server, (if their leaders both agreed.) could initiate war.
    Keep in mind this is just a concept, I have no idea how it would turn out in-game.

7. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Customizable flags. /thread

8. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

Would only work if there were really good dedicated servers, possibly big communities. Although I'm thinking like 10 vs 10 battles, haha.