1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PvP asteroids/servers

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ateerix, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ateerix

Ateerix Pangalactic Porcupine

They've mentioned that there will be asteroids where pvp can take place, but I hope that a server host can change it without needing a mod to make it server wide.

Ontop of that, it would be cool to set it up as full loot. I personally prefer something hardcore like that. You wouldn't be able to bring on a character from your own server/computer, and would have to make a brand new one on the server.

But depending on the drop rate of some items, if you had a server running all the time, with people coming and going, I think it would be pretty sweet to have a bunch of people on a hosted server somewhere, and you could be on a planet farming some gear for the "pvp asteroid of death" which is where it would be known that you can find PvP.

But while you're farming away, you run into another farmer, or space explorer. You are then forced to fight it out to see who the victor is, except it will be more intense and adrenaline driven due to the fact that whoever does end up winning, gets everything the other person had, gear, items, maybe a portion of total pixels (currency) unless there is a bank to store the currency, then you could also take all of what they had on them.

On the pvp asteroids, it would be a similar story. The gear and items you went out to farm would be used to fight the other players on the famed "pvp asteroid of death" where you would show off your shiny new toys, or lose your shiny new toys.

I know this idea isn't for everyone, as some people don't like pvp, and ontop of that, people who like pvp don't like losing their stuff. But for me, I currently play a full loot game (Darkfall) and I'm having trouble playing anything else due to the fact PvP in other games has no risk vs. reward.

I know this game isn't built around PvP, but it would still be nice to keep it in mind.

Thoughts, comments, criticism??

2. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

should be toggleable by the host whether its full loot or risk free pvp that way it can accomodate those like you who say risk makes it awesome and those unlike you who just wanna pvp risk free and server runners would just inform everyone of the server policy whether through personal chats or a third party server rule explaining bot

3. Lugubrious

Lugubrious Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i think that the devs will find the perfect balance for pvp, but i also think thatwe will eventually be able to make our own rules after release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.