Purple boat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hadvar23, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Hadvar23

Hadvar23 Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed on Twitter. Concerned Ape twitted an update with multiplayer and a picture of a purple boat. I wondering what is it for? I think the boat is related to Mr Qi or the Wizard.

• Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

Haven't seen this update :0

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I have heard about the purple boat. I've read a few things that it's a multiplayer update, that it's going to introduce new NPC to the game and that it's a way to travel to another island. Sort of like the bus takes you to the desert. I've also heard that it's going to be for consoles as well as PCs, which I really hope is true since I play on the PS4. Any or all of these scenarios would be awesome for me. I love the idea of new characters and the chance to journey to somewhere else would be cool too. Anyone who has some information about this please, please share it.

Dougyhowzer likes this.
        • Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

As far as I'm aware, the only thing we know about the boat is that it was shown in a twitter image that CA posted as part of a message that he's adding some new content to go along with the multiplayer update. What it's actually going to be used for is a mystery so far; it could have something to do with multiplayer itself or be part of something completely different, and every suggestion is pretty much just speculation at this point (other than the fact that it's part of the content that'll be released when multiplayer comes out, at least). A few of us have actually been having some fun speculating on both the boat and the update in general in this thread, which also contains a link to the tweet in question.

As for my own speculation, I'm thinking along the lines of it somehow being related to Mr. Qi or something magical as well, though what that something would be I'm not sure.

sugarblunt and ChaosAzeroth like this.
          • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Perhaps the boat is the way to travel to someone else's farm?

• guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero

It's all just speculation right now. No idea of what the content is, just that CA is working on new content for multiplayer and single player, and he posted the picture of the boat. He will give out more information the closer we get to the multiplayer release date, and that some stuff he wants to keep secret, because it's "More Fun".

I wish I could hibernate until it gets released.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

~I never saw a purple boat,
                (And purple cows are weird too.)
                But I can tell you anyhow,
                That speculating's quite moot.~

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

The purple boat will be when mermaid tries this "boating" thing, fails, and goes back to under the sea. The player finds it, sells it to Lewis for $126,000 and then we see the boat on the back of Lewis's truck, and a little later Willy makes a comment about how Lewis should be a boater since he has a boat that has been blessed by the ocean.

Since there's really no way to know what the purple boat is about, why not make up something silly?

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Invasion of the Oompa Loompas!!

musical74 and Dougyhowzer like this.
                    • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Much as I'd like new areas/quests/NPCs, I'd be happy if the boat provides fast travel between Willy's dock and Cindersap Forest.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The boat is the new marriage candidate.

wronghandle and Seismothesaurus like this.
                        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Fan theory CONFIRMED.

Untitled.png

Purple Boat is best Bachelorette.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
                          • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Thanks, now I can't get the Oompa Loompa song out of my head! :nurutease: Maybe the purple boat is one of Willy Wonka's most secret inventions - it's a fully functional boat made out of chocolate!

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

You're most welcome! :giggle:
                              I never realized how much the whole Oompa Loompa part of that movie (especially the TV one) makes me think of Aperture Science from Portal. Totally weird and bizarre, yet strangely functional!:D

Dougyhowzer likes this.
                              • Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Space Spelunker

I especially love the songs they sing