Modding Help Pulse laser (aka aimpoint) weaponry...

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MetaFace, Aug 24, 2017.

1. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So I've taken the time to gather some details, what I'm looking for is much like the mech arm (the beam rifle) that fires the "solar" rail, which is Aimpoint. I want this in a player wieldable weapon with increased fire rate.

I'm really looking to see if anyone has already made such a weapon, as I've only been able to find Aimpoint laser with constant beams instead of a slight "charge" time or "cooldown" between shots like and normal gun.

In case there hasn't been a weapon I'll be looking for support when making this, I feel it should be simple, but you never know right?

2. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

So your looking for a player-wieldable Beam Rifle? That fires faster?

3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Pretty much, of course, I don't want the animation. I just want to know if someone has an Aimpoint rifle or something so I don't waste my time building everything myself.

As I said, the only player wieldable weapons that are Aimpoint are all constant fire, I need actual FIRERATE, not just an endless beam.

4. SpazDiesFirst360.0

I think I actually have what your looking for. However, I cannot really just "give" you the item, so I will just give you a link to my mod here: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/weapons-addition.4787/

I have a weapon called The Prototype that shoots projectiles similar to the Beam Rifle, but not a constant beam. Very fast assault rifle shooting speed, but can drain your energy quick.
    If your interested, the itemId is
    wa_theprototype

However, if you aren't interested, the mod also contains many weapons that can be considered "aimpoint".

If you feel like it, you can always give it a try. Not trying to advertise my mod, but I'm simply trying to give you what you want.

NOTICE: My mod can be highly susceptible to bugs when adding/patching new(er) things. But version 1.3.4.0 should be stable.

MetaFace likes this.
  5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

You wouldn't happen to mind if I took a look at this weapon, and if it is what I'm looking for, could I use it as a base for the weapon I'm building? Credit will be given to you directly for the item(s) built around it.

6. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Yes, I would be okay with you examining it and using it as a base.

MetaFace likes this.
  7. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I took a look at it, this is not quite what I was looking for, but with more thought, I think I know how to adapt the modmech's beam sniper's code into a normal gun to create a "rayCheck" weapon.

It'll take some tinkering to figure, but I thank you for letting me check out your weapon.

SpazDiesFirst360.0 likes this.