1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed PS4/Vita

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DerpSoda, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerpSoda

DerpSoda Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will the pre order include the Ps4/Vita? Or will it be a separate purchase?

hugouest and Undead like this.
  2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

What is that supposed to mean? This game is for PC, not for either of those consoles.

3. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Do you normally get a game for all platforms when you pre-order it? If so, tell me where you're buying games, because that's amazing!

4. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Yay! Preorder a 15 dollars game and get a 400 dollars computer included!

5. Tiy had a meeting with Sony to discuss the possibility of Starbound on PS3/PS4/Vita, but I don't think anything has been agreed upon yet.

6. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

And... For preordering a 15 dollars game you get the console? I agree with Rekalty, thats amazing!
    Where do i have to sign to get my free computer?

7. JDBriggsBlader

JDBriggsBlader Orbital Explorer

Yeah, they announced it today. I hope you get the PS Vita version also, but probably not gonna happen. I fine with buying it on PC and Vita.

But BTW. It was only confirmed for the Vita, not the PS3/PS4.

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I doubt it. The pre-order is for the PC / Mac / Linux version, and it's likely that the PS ports will come after they are released.

9. krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

I wouldn't think so, since I believe Tiy's said they're not starting on the Vita port until the PC version is finished. [citation]
    Actually, I recall the PC version of Portal 2 coming free with the PS3 version, which was pretty neat. But that's just an exception.

10. Jason O

Jason O Phantasmal Quasar

I'm okay with having to buy the Vita version (if I have a Vita at the time) when it comes out. The only thing I don't want to see happen is Chucklefish pulling a Terraria and adding a ton of features to the newer versions and neglecting the PC. Though I have full faith that they won't :)

11. SLOW_oranges

SLOW_oranges Pangalactic Porcupine

Great! Another reason to buy a Vita.

12. Aidoboy

Aidoboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

You've seen the new Terraria updates, right?
    On Topic: I hope it comes to PS3, cause I'm not getting a 4 or a vita for a while.

13. Azkaron

Azkaron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not to worry, it won't be out on PS4 or Vita for quite some time.

14. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Finally, would be nice if you could log in to your humble bundle to download it on the Vita if you've pre-ordered. Another reason to boot this thing up...

OFF TOPIC: Another reason would probably be Metal Gear Solid GZ and V, hopefully.

15. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I wonder if humble will ever end up doing game bundles for consoles that allow you to enter download keys. They already do mobile, music, ebook, and there was that one video one.

Too bad it is not the other way around as well. Then I would have a PS3 game (have an xbox360 game I picked up at a sale, own neither console).

16. Commander Borges

Commander Borges Big Damn Hero

Pretty simple, really. I'm extremely excited that Starbound is coming to PS VITA and maybe PS4, but it's obvious it's coming in 2014 for those platforms, after all, if it's taking a long time to get the game launched on the PC, which is probably an easier platform to develop on, the PS port is gonna take an even longer time. At least it's what I'd expect.
    Overall, I'm just extremely happy for the guys at Chucklefish, and I can't wait to get a taste of this amazingly developed game.
    Excellent work guys.
    Borges out.

17. LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14 Orbital Explorer

Registered finally. The PS4/Vita announcement really rocked my knickers. Thank you devs. Now you will have at least 4 more sales since my friends don't want to play Starbound on PC and have crappy computers to begin with. One of them is even a *GASP* Mac guy D:

18. Jason O

Jason O Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah but I always felt that was to compete against Starbound. Initially he had no intention of returning to PC development with Terraria, and had said as much.

Pingeh likes this.
  19. Aidoboy

Aidoboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

He had an intention of returning, he just never sisaid how long it would be.

20. LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14 Orbital Explorer

Can the devs speak on whether or not we will get cross play, cross buy, or cross save functions on Vita/PS4? I already have a Vita and am day 1 on PS4 so it would be great if we got the usual perks for buying this amazing game on PS4/Vita. Even if just cross save this will be a great convenience since I hop back and forth on games like Sly Cooper Thieves in time thanks to the cloud saves so I can take progress from PS3 to Vita and vice versa.

Adolar13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.