1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue PS4 Pro locks up on sleep mode after playing Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dues87, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Dues87

Dues87 Space Hobo

I can't use sleep mode at all or the system locks up and won't wake after playing Stardew Valley. It is fine when playing any other game. Also other games won't work after playing Stardew Valley and closing it.

• baysie1

baysie1 Intergalactic Tourist

Hey I'm running into the exact same problem. Have you figured out a work around. Does the developer know about this? Im not sure if it's a problem with the ps4 pro or the software

• rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

I am also having this exact same problem. I see that this thread is only a little more than a week old so I am going to assume there is no fix as of yet? Super pumped about this game but I also read that it is not a good thing to continuously do hard resets or whatever on the ps4 pro. Hopefully if enough of us are experiencing this it will get looked at. Great game even after first game day.

• IH8YH

IH8YH Seal Broken

Having the same problem! After playing Stardew Valley other games wont load.
          Examples:
          - The Division will get stuck in the first loading animation after launch (ONLY happens after playing SV)
          - Skyrim Special Edition will get stuck in the Menu screen. Dragon Graphics and leathery background will load but no menus will ever show up
          - GTA V will get stuck during load at 90%

WHILE playing Stardew Valley:
          - Uploading screenshots wont work from the XMB quickmenu
          - Accessing the Capture Gallery will get you stuck on the Capture Gallery Icon and the only thing that you can do that is access the XMB quick menu (holing the PSN button on the Controller) but nothing there works

Powering Down:
          The System will ALWAYS crash for me when i try to power down after playing Stardew Valley. the HARD crash with the 4 alarm beeps and an immediate reboot.
          Sometimes the system will get stuff in the "putting the PS4 into rest mode..." screen and the only option to get it outta there is to pull the power cable.

THESE ISSUES NEED TO BE FIXED ASAP as they could potentianally DAMAGE the console with all these crashes!!

Elite49 likes this.
          • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Elite49 likes this.
          • valponative

valponative Aquatic Astronaut

Throwing in my hat as well on this. Pretty much exactly the same scenario as IH8YH said above. (Offered visual proof/assistance for the Devs on the bug thread as well)

• Starcade03

Starcade03 Space Spelunker

I am also having this issue on PS4 Pro running a 1TB Samsung Evo SSD. When playing Stardew Valley then exiting the game (by selecting "Close Application"), I am not able to place my PS4 into Rest Mode. It hangs in a limbo state where the orange light bar on the front of the console just throbs constantly. Alternatively, hard shut downs are met with a delay and the light bar throbbing yet again, then 3 beeps before finally shutting down. After this hard shutdown, I am met with a screen on the next boot-up that says "Your PS4 was not shut down properly."

Since installing Stardew Valley, I've also had issues loading other games. For example, Star Wars Battlefront hangs up at the very initial load screen where you see the AT-AT artwork and does not progress further until I completely shut the PS4 down and boot it up again before trying to load Battlefront. This NEVER happened before installing Stardew Valley.

I understand games being released with bugs, but this seems to be bigger than that. This is almost like a parasite that is causing serious issues with the core OS and has ultimately led to me uninstalling the game. I'd like to call Sony and get a refund, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the issue will be fixed in the coming weeks. I absolutely love the game so I'd rather be patient than part with it!

Chrisy likes this.