PS4 Port?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by etherealyandere, Jul 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. etherealyandere

etherealyandere Space Spelunker

I've been playing Terraria recently on my PS4 and I love it a hell of a lot more than Minecraft. With the 2D styling and similar aspects, I assume it's not too far out of the realm of possibility to hope that there might be a PS4 version of Starbound?

I've searched the forums as best I can and googled for answers, but I've gotten no definitive yes or no answers, except for a couple of people saying an Xbox One port was happening. Is that true? I know since the similarities between Xbox and PC make it easier for an Xbox port, but with a games like Terraria and Minecraft having landed on PS4, I'm hoping for the same situation with Starbound.

If anyone has a definitive answer or information regarding to a possibility of a PS4 port, could you provide evidence, like a link to a tweet or a forum post please? I'd rather see a Dev say something themselves than go off the word of a stranger and get my hopes up. Thanks to anyone for any information C: