1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

PS4 game freezes at save when baby pig born.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reneeisxena, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I have been playing the game on my PS4 for several months and I'm in my fifth play through. Recently I've had a glitch/bug that is a bit annoying. Twice in the last few days when the day is saving I get the message that a baby pig has been born. The game just freezes, I can't click on anything and I have to close app, thus losing a whole day of work. Both times when this has happened the barn with the pigs was full and I was wondering if that was the problem. I do have a second barn that isn't full but I don't get a prompt asking if I want to move the new pig there or sell one of my other pigs. I have tried to search for this problem but haven't found anything. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this something that is exclusive to the consoles? I would love to know how to prevent it from crashing.

• 1WURDA

1WURDA Space Hobo

Perhaps later in the week I can test this on my file and see if I am able to reproduce. Currently don't have pigs unlocked yet, but I'm not far off. I'll also have to research the pregnancy/birth mechanics. I'll be sure to post here with my findings.

Reneeisxena likes this.
      • Reneeisxena

I appreciate that. I haven't had the glitch again but I haven't had any births of barn animals. I don't have any problem with coop animals, my chickens and stuff hatch fine.

• Reneeisxena

I don't know if I solved the problem yet since I haven't had any barn births in a few days, but I changed my cursor from mouse type, where you can point at anything on the screen, to controller style which is sluggish and basically means I have to go from top to bottom every time I want to move something. I have no idea if my issue is a cursor based one or not but I had noticed that occasionally the mouse arrow would disappear when I'd go to Pierre's or at the end of the day. If I get another glitch I will let you all know. In the mean time, if anyone has an idea what could be causing this I'd love to know. There is one other thing, I had thought that my barn was full when the glitches happened but when I double checked on the max animals for the barns, there was still room for 2 more animals.

• Reneeisxena

Update: The cursor must have been the problem because today there was a baby pig born and no crash! I guess the PS4 prefers the controller cursor rather than the mouse type. It's a bit clunkier but it works fine and no crashes. I've been playing with the mouse type cursor since I first got the game in August and it's only recently that I've had this glitch, so I'm not sure if it is gone for good or just for now. I will keep you informed if I have anymore crashes.