Story Protectorate Rising: A Starbound Story (Updated 21/04/20)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Internal Screaming

Internal Screaming Space Spelunker

i don't read fanficton very often but i can tell yours is very well written and is great so far.:nurunaughty:

ChronoHyperion and Jonesy like this.
  2. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Phantasmal Quasar

This is very well-written. I look forward to seeing future chapters.

Although the in-game cutscenes indicate that those who are defeated are restored at their ship in the vanilla lore, I prefer the idea of emergency teleporting because it can much more easily explain how one is returned to their ship with their consciousness - or what some may argue to be their soul - after being defeated. Considering that the ship would need to very accurately detect fatal hazards - which SAIL would likely be able to do - and very quickly teleport the user away, my hypothesis is that emergency teleports would also use a much larger amount of energy than standard forms of teleportation.

Jonesy likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Chapter 12 is up!

4. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

I hope this General Kate is not like those clique Generals in movies.

5. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to read more about this story! i love it! a great idea to let more than one protector on one ship. i wish you Luck writing the rest of this story, and plz hurry!

6. Jonesy

I'm afraid this story has fallen by the wayside a bit, what with university and my H&L rewrite. But I do intend to continue it, and I'll likely find the time to keep working on it soon now that the university semester's winding down.

ChronoHyperion likes this.
  7. DinoExplorer2000

i can wait, but i have to say, this story is great! i hope i can make my story somewhat as good.

8. Jonesy

Chapter 13 is up! Sorry it's been a while. As I've said, my writing focus has been on Human & Lupusad for much of the year. But I'll still try to find the time to continue this story.

Gearzoid II and ChronoHyperion like this.
  9. DinoExplorer2000

10. Jonesy

I know it's been a long time between chapters, but chapter 14 is up!

As I've said before, I've been largely busy with H&L. I'm currently angling to have the reboot / novelization finished by the end of the year. This is also the final year of my writing degree, and I'll be undertaking several major projects. Still, I have no intention of dropping Protectorate Rising, even though it's unfortunately going to be a secondary project for the foreseeable future. But I'll keep at it.

11. DinoExplorer2000

hooray! youre not giving up this story! i was a little worried

Jonesy likes this.
  12. mechaghost2003

mechaghost2003 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

awesome can't wait to read it

Jonesy likes this.
  13. Jonesy

Hi everyone. I know I kinda let this fic fall by the wayside, and for that I apologize. I'm aiming to become a writer professionally, so most of my writing time now goes towards projects that will facilitate that. However, between graduating university and finding myself in the middle of a pandemic, I've now got plenty of time on my hands. With the amount of time I now spend writing, I've decided to try and dedicate some more towards continuing Protectorate Rising. As such, there'll be a new chapter sometime in the coming week or so, and hopefully many more to follow.

Edit: Chapter 15 is up!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    mechaghost2003 and Pangaea like this.
  14. Jonesy

Chapter 16 is up!

Gearzoid II likes this.
  15. Cptn_Stuart

Cptn_Stuart Orbital Explorer

GET THIS PUBLISHED!!
    I love it. But could you add a character called Markhoff? That's my avian character

16. Cptn_Stuart

Cptn_Stuart Orbital Explorer

GET THIS PUBLISHED!!
    I love it. But could you add a character called Markhoff? That's my avian character