Modding Help Problems with dropship vehicle showing up

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Beatrice, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Hi there, Bea here.

I'm not an expert in modding, but I did some things considering dungeons, objects, items and so on. Way back, I added some boats to the Mod sections.

Republic and Regime Boat.PNG

With the release of 1.4 a dropship was added. Unfortunately, you may encounter it on a bounty journey, but you can't take it home. My goal was the full integration of two dropships for a modding project, including a controller. A friend gave me a hand working on the graphic, but I just can't get it to work.

republicdropship.png

In a first run, the game didn't seem to understand the composition of the damage status and showed me the whole dropship-file instead of just one image. Currently, the dropship graphic has vanished completly, when calling it per admin commands.

I have to admit that I'm not a full expert when it comes to the animation file. I think I did something wrong there. Whereas my two boats work completely fine, I just can't get the dropship to work. Maybe I've overseen something obvious.

I would be grateful if someone could have a look at the files who has much more insight on this topic, who might also give me some advices in the future.

Attached Files:

2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

No one wants to take a look at the file?

3. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I'll go take a look at it tomorrow, I have a hunch as to why it might not be working

4. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

alright, from my looking around it seems like you haven't told the vehicle how to use the default.frames in order to have the damaged states show up, it also doesn't return the vehicle to it's controller, but that's likely a lua thing, which is a bit beyond my forte

might be able to acquire the help of a more experienced modder for that bit though

5. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

well, if you ever check the forums again, I've got working code for a reusable protectorate dropship here, it also comes with infinite ammo and no limits to how high it can fly

Attached Files: