Modding Help Problems with custom armor sprites

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by HurricaneLily.J.A, Aug 21, 2018.

1. HurricaneLily.J.A

HurricaneLily.J.A Aquatic Astronaut

Greetings.
    I'm trying to make a race mod with the ability to change its body type. For this purpose I used the slot for the leg armor as the desired body type and the chest armor for the clothing (which combine default top and bottom sprites of the armor).
    However, when I finished making the chest armor, in game it was seen only in the idle poses and the first frames of any type of movement.

I tried to edit the "chest.frames" file to look like the "pants.frames" and the only visible frames were the ones for idle poses. When the character started to move the chest sprite disappears untill the movement stops.

Is there a way to change how the chest armor sprites work or should I try to find another way to implement this idea?

(There are the sprites and the ingame screenshots in the attached files )

Thanks in advance for any help)

Attached Files:

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I believe the animation for movements are something you can't change. So when you move, the animation looks for walk.1 walk.2 etc or run.1 run.2, and how many frame in the animation is also locked. So you can't really change how many frames each animation has.

keep your chest file like normal, the chest doesnt really change while you are moving, just when you pick a pose.

3. HurricaneLily.J.A

HurricaneLily.J.A Aquatic Astronaut

Well, that's a pity. Thanks anyways.