1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Tutorial Problems with 1.0, do a clean install of the game.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Crise, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't usually bother with this stuff, but seeing as people seem to be having problems let it be said it is worth wiping your entire Starbound installation if you are having an issue with the 1.0 build.

Why? Because steam only installs certain dependencies on the initial installation of the game and thus the easiest way to re-run those "pre-flight" checks and dependencies is to do a complete reinstallation.

If above does not help,, troubleshooting would need more info. Such as your graphics card... does it support OpenGL 2.0 (afaik they scrapped the DirectX version completely, which might cause some issues unfortunately... and not a smart move on their part imo even if I am sure they had their reasons).

If you are on a laptop make sure it is using the right graphics card if you have both an integrated and a dedicated one.

If you are not willing to make a complete reinstall, make sure all mods are out of your system. Also as an extra side note... if you add mods that add missions those can not be removed at a later date and may cause issues such as crashes when using the S.A..I.L console if removed and your character has played those missions.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. Knur

Knur Poptop Tamer

It doesnt work for me. I did it 2 times. :(

3. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

I updated my post with some more stuff...