1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Problem with lag 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Supreme_Doge, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Fantango

Fantango Space Penguin Leader

Don't take your work frustrations out on people in this forum.

If you need specific details from someone to sort out a problem then ask for those details. If you can't do that then just don't touch the problem. You're being rude when you say things like, "Working in IT, you learn never to underestimate the stupidity of people."

This isn't a competition. You're the one making it personal by telling me I clearly don't know how to troubleshoot a computer problem when what you're doing is the exact opposite of what support is trained to do. The only person discrediting you is you.

2. BloodyBane

BloodyBane Aquatic Astronaut

Having the same issue. Not as bad as 5fps. But around there. Maybe 15 max. Game is near unplayable, I can play it, but with the lag, the game is basically fighting me itself and not the mobs. Most mobs are a fight for my life, not just a casual encounter. If I can't kill a common aggressive mob from the surface before it gets in my hit box area, I'm fucked. My character reacts and moves too slow get away from them after that. It usually takes me 2-3 LMB clicks to do one attack, and maybe 5 to activate any special attacks. Took me like 2 hours to finish the Dash ability course because with the lag I need to press the button like 5 times to activate the ability.
    To put it simply, I don't know jack shit about what could POSSIBLY be making this happen. I do have some guesses, but if all of them, or even one of them are even true, there's nothing I can do, It's all on the devs to figure out what's actually causing problems.
    Edit: I found that activating Admin privileges with /Admin would help with lag a small bit, but this would take away from the game as you would be Invincible and wouldn't require any resources to create anything.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. Drakeleth

Drakeleth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You sir, are why I still have faith in humanity.

litui, Althalos and Zavrac Nova like this.
  4. Sirex

Sirex Void-Bound Voyager

As of now i have that exact issue.