1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with guards tenants

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by timberwolfs, Jul 8, 2018.

1. timberwolfs

timberwolfs Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I have a problem with guards tenants. When I make an house for a guard, it will always summon a tier 4 guard, whatever I place in the room (even with wooden house, wooden lamp and door)

It is a bug?

2. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

I would try adding plenty of tiered furniture. This can be iron, tungsten, titanium, or durasteel.

3. timberwolfs

Well.. Look

upload_2018-7-23_17-17-42.png

4. timberwolfs

Another tier 4 guard. With 20 tiered 3 items

5. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

on starbounder... only titanium and tungsten chests were given a tile count (specifically 4) and its possible the planet type is affecting it but ive not really done much with deeds... try 3 chests of the specific type

also the rooms size assuming its the top right of the tower shape just under the golden room could be related so maybe try removing that platform and maybe using the 2 tile ledges on the left and right of the room for the deed to be above (specifically, above "solid" tiles instead of the platform tiles)

and just wondering, why do you want something other than tier 4?

EDIT: should point out you need to click the words on starbounder ("Tungsten" "Combat") to get to the page that states what each objects "worth" is

6. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

I mean if tier 4 guards are only one available then dont you think it kinda defeats the whole purpose for there to be multiple types of guards?

7. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Its a bug that's been there since a long time. No matter what guard you try to spawn it will always have the tier 4 look.
    The actual stats though will be according to the furniture you use so iron will spawn a weaker guard than tungsten furniture for example. So this bug just affects the visual look.

Im honestly very surprised that hardly anybody has noticed this. I myself have tried to raise awareness about this bug a while ago but to no avail.

And to anyone wondering why want something other than tier 4 its about the different looks.
    I once tried to build a military complex with bunch of tier 1 human guards with cool visor and a few tier 3 as "officers". That was before I knew about the bug.

Ickura likes this.
  8. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

I think its most likely due to other players believing it as a feature itself and not a bug. That or they just dont care because "its not a big deal".

It even shows you about lower tiered gaurds in the wiki.

The devs are too busy with mechs xbox and bountyhunting to worry about other features. And I generally dont want to depend on mods to fix bugs.

9. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Huh... I always thought you got guards based on the tier of the planet you were on.