1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Problem with colony guards

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by jaymee_murder, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have 2 guards, a floran and a glitch and most the time theyre fine, but randomly they suddenly hate me and wont stop attacking even after i die, the only way to stop them is by removing and placing the deeds, it seems to be triggered by my teleporter, they sometimes go down to it when i arrive at the colony and even tho they dont use it and just stand there it hurts them then they go crazy.

2. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

similar. I entered a Hylot village as a Hylot and the guard opened fire on me.
    he didn't survive one hit but why the hostility?

just wanna get some quests get some crew members get some stuff done.....find some static cells.....its been 7 alien/desert planets and not a single Voltip

3. jaymee_murder

Yeah its defo a bug anytime a villager takes damage the ais registering it as the player causing the damage, even tho ur usually unable to damage ur colonists one will take some damage and suddenly ur able to damage them and theyre trying to kill you or run away

AntiStoned likes this.
  4. jaymee_murder

This health bar doesn't usually show on colonists cos you cant hurt them, but theyll take damage and this will show up then you can damage them, but even if you havent damaged them all the guards will try to kill you if they have this, no matter how many times you die or leave. 20160526232059_1.jpg

5. btmarcher

btmarcher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There also seems to be some connection to pets. I teleported into a colony and didn't have any issue with guards...at first. Then when one of them with a pet showed up and the pet started dealing damage and the guards didn't switch "off". It might be just an issue with the guard's AI. BTW, I'm using the Nightly Fixer & Unstable Fixer.

6. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

I've also been experiencing random hostile guards, and I ended up having to massacre all of them. Oh no.

7. floranhungry

floranhungry Void-Bound Voyager

Also got this on a tier 1 Floran tree colony, and the guards annihilated me. Caught me by surprise by golly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.