1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Probably next characters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Salem_1337, May 5, 2013.

1. Salem_1337

Salem_1337 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok so we have:

Commando:
    - Double tap (Shoot twice for 2x70% damage)
    - Full Metal Jacket (Shoot through enemies for 230% damage, knocking them back)
    - Tactical Dive (Roll forward a small distance. You cannot be hit while rolling)
    - Suppressive Fire (Fire rapidly, stunning and hitting nearby enemies for 480% damage)

Miner:
    - Crush (Smash enemies for 120% damage)
    - Drill Charge (Charge up for 2 seconds. On relase, dash through enemies for up to 300% damage. You cannot be hit while dashing)
    - Backblast (Blast backwards a small distance for 120% damage, stunning all enemies. You cannot be hit whule dashing)
    -To The Stars (Jump into air, hitting enemies below for 180% damage total)

Bandit:
    - Blast (Fire a powerful slug for 170% damage)
    - Dynamite Toss (Toss an explosive in an arc for 230% damage)
    - Smokebomb (Turn invisible. After 3 seconds or after using another ability, surprise and stun enemies for 140% damage)
    - Lights Out (Take aim for a headshot, dealing 400% damage. If the ability kills an enemy, the Bandits cooldown are all reset to 0)

Those we know. Do you have any suggestions, or maybe Dev have some hints for us about next classes?
    Post your feelings and suggestions here :up:
    Personally, I like Miner more than Commando. And Bandit looks very nice, comibining not overpowering with great last ability.

• Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

Rocketman:
      - Missle (Fire a slow-paced rocket for 150 damage)
      - Rocketjump (A boosted jump in exchange for 25 health)
      - Trap (Set down a pressure-activated mine that does 90 damage. Can place up to three)
      - Armageddon (Fire 10-15 fast-paced rockets in random directions. Each rocket has a vampiric effect, which gives half of the damage dealt back as health)

Does this sound good? Just came up with it :p

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Devs said in Greenlight there will be some sort of engineer class too. Passive perk to find more droids and buffs for them?

• Salem_1337

Maybe some time working droids or turrets?

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Coming to first-concept idea of defense-styled game? I'd like to see that variety.

• Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

(A random idea for a class, since people were talking about engineers and such.)

Tech:
              • Laser (Fire a stream of energy dealing 75% damage to all enemies in a line. [Minimal Knockback])
              • Electro Drone (Throw an electrified robot that deals 125% damage over a moderate distance then returns, dealing damage again. [Minimal Knockback + Moderate Stun])
              • Ion Barrier (Drop an ion field generator that shoots a beam straight up and blocks up to 5 attempts to pass*, dealing 75% damage each time. [Moderate Knockback])
              • EMP (Release a pulse of energy that deals 300% damage to all nearby enemies. [Minimal Knockback + Heavy Stun])
              *Damage for this skill is dealt at the same time to bosses and stops them once.

• Salem_1337

Ion Barrier should stop boss once, because without this, Tech won't have any dodging skill against bosses

• gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

I feel like this wouldn't quite work considering most of these skills can be found in items in the game. The devs are probably wanting to add new play styles with new characters.

I'm looking forward to seeing wacky idea in here :D

• Salem_1337

I think that each profession will have some kind of uniqe skill, that will reasult as a different playing style.
                    Also, my idea:

Infiltrator:
                    - Energy shot (Shots short range lightining that paralyzes enemy and inlicts 70% damage)
                    - Cover (Infiltrator covers itself with masking barrier. Enemies won't see him for 20 seconds and first attack on him will be dodged (bosses for 10 seconds))
                    - Short circuit (Infiltrator plants a mind controlling device on a enemy. Enemy will fight in his side for 30 seconds, then device will blow up killing this enemy/dealing him 120% damage*)
                    - Scatter (Infiltrator scatters mines in range, that upon stepping or touching them deals 40% damage each)

*120% damage for bossess, with stun without controlling them

• Seria-Myouna

Ah, true that. I'll edit my post.

• Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

...Ok what about this, it's kindof comical:

Leprechaun:
                        - Slash (Slash at an enemy for a moderate attack of 30 health)
                        - Agility (Grants the ability to double jump for a certain amount of time)
                        - Cointoss (Throw a sack of gold at an enemy, causing massive damage. *Loses money from throw. *Money can be retrieved back)
                        - Pot of Pain (Plant a pot of gold, making a ray of a rainbow shoot down right above. The rainbow area deals massive damage)

Cooldown Guide
                        Red = 0-1s
                        Yellow = 1-2s
                        Lime= 2-3s
                        Green = 3-4s
                        Cyan = 4-5s
                        (Using it off of the mod :p)

• Seria-Myouna