1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Prismatic Stars 1.1

The planets orbiting these strange stars are completely unpredictable!

1. ChocolateySyrup

ChocolateySyrup Void-Bound Voyager

ChocolateySyrup submitted a new mod:

Prismatic Stars - The planets orbiting these strange stars are completely unpredictable!

Read more about this mod...

BlasphemyX likes this.
  2. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

This... This is what I've been waiting for. Thank you.

Corraidhín likes this.
  3. ChocolateySyrup

Yes it will! But you'll need to scroll out a little into unexplored space to find a Prismatic Star.

New stars can only be added to existing universe in places they haven't been explored yet. Any areas of space around you will already be generated, so you won't find Prism Stars there. Just scroll out a little ways and you'll find some in no time!

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

This is the Classic Starbound, just a bit crazier

5. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Wow super.
    Hey chuckelfish, take this Mod in the standart game, that is what is needed......

Corraidhín likes this.
  6. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Really like the idea of the hollow planets. Starbound needs to incorporate that into vanilla.

7. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Is this compatable with Your Starbound Crew and Mysterious Stars?

8. ChocolateySyrup

Yes. There's no conflict, and the top-tier ore tweak Mysterious Stars adds will affect this mod as well, making top-level Prismatic Planets have an abundance of ore.

9. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Neat. Thanks. I'll check it out. You seem to know what you're doing mod-wise, willing to mod up a dungeon mod for me? :p

10. LadyKianna

LadyKianna Big Damn Hero

Do I need to delete my universe file to find the Prismatic Stars? I just installed it and I can't find any :C

11. ChocolateySyrup

No, but like I said, you need to explore new areas of the galaxy you haven't already been to and generated.

LadyKianna likes this.
  12. LadyKianna

LadyKianna Big Damn Hero

I did... I just didn't realize at first how much had generated already from my first few jumps. Had to scroll quite a bit further for prisms to show up.

13. hyprthecat

hyprthecat Big Damn Hero

The mod looks good, I'm going to explore some planets, I do wonder if it can work with the Mysterious Stars mod as well or not.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  14. ChocolateySyrup

Does the game just stay in the FTL travel sequence forever or what?
    If so, check your starbound\giraffe_storage\starbound.log file and see if there's an error listed there.

LadyKianna likes this.
  15. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

Excellent mod, but... did you know it's possible for a starting character in a new game to begin on a prismatic planet? That's... rather painful, especially since having a broken FTL = you need to reset the universe and hope it doesn't happen again. ^^'

It was an interesting experience, though...

*teleports down to planet* "Ooh! A critter! Let's fight!"
    *hits for 30 damage*
    *gets hit for 1000+ damage, dies*
    o_O...

16. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

I can't get these to show up anywhere.

edit: I took drastic measures and edited the first digit in the Y coordinates on my starmap from a 6 to a 4 (it was a nine digit number, so a difference of 200 million units) and now I see a couple :3

17. BlasphemyX

BlasphemyX Starship Captain

ok im just going to say, Love this mod, apparent to the fact that i havent been in a mysterious or vanilla star system since i got it.
    The hollow "double surface" planets are amazing since i can walk over 2 surfaces in one go and fight a lot and find a lot of loot.

my only concern with it is as soon as you been to an inconcievable planet, you wont want anything else anymore, with the current
    endgame gear the difficulty is just right, enemies melee 1hko's u but even with cerilium armor i can take several ranged hit
    but with good inconcievable weapons u can fight back, its tense and scary and i gotta be really carefull and the loot is sooooo satisfying.

Now i have a problem tho, the only thing im doing is flying from system to system visiting 1 (very sometimes 2) inconcievable planets.
    and really really hoping their not poison or magma ocean planets. i ignore any other planet even tho some look interesting.

really wondering if theres a way to make all prismatic stars run only inconcievable difficulty, since thats really endgame.
    i have some (koala) modding experience, this something i could adjust myself?

also i think underworlds in hollows can be crazier. i ran across one that was very eradict, almost spikey ground. was amazing and wonderfull
    and really felt alien, even though i couldnt walk and had to jump from spike to spike (might have been a bug i dunno)

anyway sorry for long post but love the mod :)

ChocolateySyrup likes this.
  18. HoodieNinja_7

HoodieNinja_7 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, idiot here. How do I install this one? Do I just drop the folder in the mods folder?

19. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

Yep, thats all it takes. Then be sure to scroll out your map a good distance so they start showing up. Myself, I changed the Y coordinates by 200 million units and then I found them.

20. cerealfruitcakes

cerealfruitcakes Orbital Explorer

Woh. I just came across a hollow planet with half an ocean biome on top. The ocean merged with the hollow middle and dumped an insane amount of water, creating these really massive waves. They were somewhat slow moving but it was SO COOL.