REQUEST Prevent spouses from jealousy

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Kamirose, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

I'd really love it if the following dialog were modded out of the game:
    • When your spouse scolds you for giving gifts to other marriage candidates. Jealousy is extremely unattractive to me. Also a friend told me they lost a heart with their spouse when that happened, so I'd like that removed as well if possible.
    • When you're at a festival, and your spouse tells you, "don't worry, I won't talk to any boys/girls." Like I said, I dislike jealousy, especially when it's supposedly me who's showing it.
    I feel like since this game doesn't allow polygamy, it should be understood that any gift giving and heart events and stuff that you experience after marriage are supposed to be platonic. I shouldn't be punished for trying to maintain good friendships with other characters.

Thanks for the consideration!

1Life0Continues, Davrial and Marose like this.
    • jml

jml Orbital Explorer

I really want to undertake this as I agree with everything you've said, but I can't even find the dialogue relating to it anywhere (aside from the lines in the festivals). It's not in MarriageDialogue and it's not in any of the character-specific files, either. It'd be great if someone could help me find it or point me to where it is; I'd gladly try changing it from there.

Nightscaled likes this.
      • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

I think it is hardcoded into dlls. Couldn't find any too.

• jml

jml Orbital Explorer

Maybe we can bribe CA with copious amount of chicken nuggets to add some way of disabling it. A significant other getting upset that you're friends with somebody is one of the most toxic things, and I seriously don't want to see it in this game.

1Life0Continues likes this.
          • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Aw, if it's not moddable that's really unfortunate. I'll drop a suggestion in the suggestions forum then.

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

It is not moddable yet. I have some hopes and dreams in Storm's API.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Well, thanks for letting me know :) I dropped a thread in the suggestions forum about it. If it becomes moddable with Storm, I'd still love to see this!

jml likes this.
                • LucidCypher

LucidCypher Space Hobo

This. The idea of being married to someone so hateful, controlling and mistrusting that they would yell at me for being friends with someone is just disgusting to me.

• Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you're writing from the ground-up it might be do-able, else you're going to have to play with an API.
                    Another option is maybe creating a dialogue that takes precedence over the 'jealous' dialogue and use that to stonewall NPC's from deciding that a gift of fish constitutes the destruction of holy matrimony.

As a side note, heavily agreed. Not only do I feel too old in comparison to the rest of all these kids, they're all a little clingy, aren't they?

Davrial and 1Life0Continues like this.
                    • 1Life0Continues

1Life0Continues Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanting to add another voice requesting this. Friendships don't stop when you get married, and since the only way to maintain friendships in SDV is to give gifts, having your spouse become a jealous a-hole is incredibly frustrating.

• InquisitiveSoul

InquisitiveSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cast my voice into this request as well.

I am rather unamused by the fact that I gave Leah a salad and just to maintain the friendship and do something nice only to come home and find Abigail getting suspicious. I find that type of behavior troubling and when distilled down into its base essence, it is a form of control abuse.

• ChaosCodex

ChaosCodex Void-Bound Voyager

Even though Abby has yet to hate on me after I gave Leah a salad, I, too, agree with this request. My vote is with this, 100%

• taffybeans

taffybeans Poptop Tamer

The same thing happened to me when I gave Haley a coconut. I'm trying to maximize and maintain my friendships with everyone, including the marriage candidates I didn't not choose. Leah lost one heart and I had to woo her to a full 12 hearts again with a bouquet and salads. I maximized her hearts, I shouldn't have to keep doing this. I'm committed to my virtual waifu, but the quickest way to build friendship hearts is to give an NPC a gift they love.

I just wanna see all the cut-scenes and get achievements to get more hats.

Let me be friends with other people my god.