1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Preorder Steam??

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by PongoBorneo, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PongoBorneo

PongoBorneo Star Wrangler

Hello, i am new here and i really want to preorder this game just one quick question
    If i preorder it from here can i use it on/through steam? Because if i cant I will probably
    wait until its out on steam

Cheers

2. Yanz

Yanz Void-Bound Voyager

Yep!
    Basically you get a DRM free download plus a steam key, if I'm not mistaken.
    On the pre-order page:
    2013-07-29_02-03-42.png
    + Steam key (when available)

Bacon likes this.
  3. PongoBorneo

lol thanks, how did i miss that? my brain doesn't work anymore xD

Bacon likes this.
  4. Yanz

Yanz Void-Bound Voyager

No problem :p

PongoBorneo likes this.
  5. ahah, only thing left to know is if you will get Steam key during the Beta or we must wait for launch, both forms it will be there. :)

SaintPanda likes this.
  6. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

Hopefully the Beta will also be available through Early Access on steam

7. Yanz

Yanz Void-Bound Voyager

I'm probably going to guess Beta will be off steam, as it's not an early access game, they probably won't be wanting to sell it on steam yet and the preorder page has 1 x beta invite separate with no mention of steam key :p

8. They can likely make use of Steam Early Access, it is the same thing like the final version and the keys will work the same way, a lot of games do that and Starbound may do, since it is good for the game itself. :alien:

9. Yanz

Yanz Void-Bound Voyager

True, I just figured early access was more 'Alpha - Play as it's developed' not 'Beta - Test it'
    :p

10. Philou

Philou Master Chief

The Beta and the "Gold " ("final") versions of the game are promised both for "2013".
    I guess that's not a big deal if we have to wait until december to play it with Steam... And preorder now means certainly better price than ever !

So what are you waitin' for ? Come on now, join us and "like" this post right now !^^

11. PongoBorneo

I have preordered it, how come I do not have the badges?

12. Yanz

Yanz Void-Bound Voyager

Which Tier did you preorder for?
    Pixel (basic) doesn't give any badges. Scroll all the way down on the pre-order page and you can gain a twitter badge! :)

13. PongoBorneo

Ah k thanks :D

Yanz likes this.
  14. Philou

Philou Master Chief

You can still get the twitter badge at the bottom of this page: http://www.playstarbound.com/store/

Or consider to upgrade your Tier : If you want to upgrade just let it know by e-mailing support@chucklefish.org with the e-mail address you used for purchase and explain the situation. They can refund and resell it to you

Or you can buy another Donator Tier and... make a beautiful gift to another kindly person, who can join us and make the community taller !

15. Wywern291

Wywern291 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It would be the only way for me to get it :( It makes me very very sad.:cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.