1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Preorder/Release Date

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by a2bradjan, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a2bradjan

a2bradjan Poptop Tamer

Now, on the title you can see I would like to preorder the game but I would like to know when the release date is. I know everyone is wondering but does anyone have a clue if it will be out soon? I have read that it can be anytime between now and December but I am kinda wondering whether it'll be before my birthday on October 27th to see if I should buy it so I can play on Beta before then or not. Also, if I could show my subscribers on YouTube, they would be estatic! Thank you for understanding with your help! And if you are as clueless as I am, just comment nice comments please. No hate comments please for me trying to understand the game's release date. Thank you :D

2. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Well, they said they want 3 tiers done for beta release, we already have 1 that is fully playable and the second one is progressing much faster, though there's also Bosses, mechs, and NPCs to finish and probably a lot of other things too. So I doubt it will be this month, maybe the end of October.

What is certain though, is that we will get a release date this month, cause this is getting ridiculous! :D At leasta release date for the release date would be nice.

3. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

The release date is a bit of a touchy subject. No one who isn't a developer knows when the game will release. The devs may not even know, it all depends on how fast they develop the game and if they perceive the game as "ready".

Also, I looked at your channel. I dislike Warz, the game is complete crap. The developers of Warz are crap. I would even go as far as saying 58% of the people who play the game are crap. But I digress

4. Zoolot

It isn't certain that we'll get a release date, sorry to burst your bubble.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. KirasiN

Well they did show it off at insomnia, so the "game" is ready, most of the content is ready to judging by their daily updates, they are just balancing/optimizing/putting things together now.

6. a2bradjan

a2bradjan Poptop Tamer

Thank you guys for the news.

7. Zoolot

The game crashed multiple times, there was tons of features missing, they only implemented a tiny bit of tier one, guns aren't supposed to break terrain so easy. the list goes on and on, the game isn't that close to release. It may look like it but it isn't.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  8. KirasiN

I saw how buggy it was, but beta is for bug testing, we all know release won't be this year. They did mention after insomnia that tier 1 is done and that they are working on tier 2 now, that's where I based my guess on.

Zoolot likes this.
  9. a2bradjan

a2bradjan Poptop Tamer

They said it would be ready by the end of the year.

10. XE23K13L

XE23K13L Void-Bound Voyager

What features? Look I hate to be "That Guy" but im gonna have to be. Lets be honest, they game has enough features. yes there are some bugs that need to be kinked out, yes they are not finished with ALL the tiers, and yes the game isn't done. But damn how much more can you add onto a finished beta? Like save some of the good stuff for a update! This is the part where i'm "That Guy", they are basically teasing their fanbase wayyyy to much now. One guy went as far as even saying that Tiy was mocking the fanbase for the game on his twitter, I don't personally believe that but they are going a bit too far with the "HEY GUYS WE GOT THIS UPDATE TODAY, BUT YOU CAN'T PLAY THE GAME YET."

My point is that they have a pretty much finished product, ready for beta testing, hell even ALPHA testing and i'm getting this huge sinking feeling that the game won't even be released this year. (and i've been following this project since Terraria ceased updating, even a bit before that.)

Not ragging. Not complaining. Just placing down my solid opinion.

11. a2bradjan

a2bradjan Poptop Tamer

I agree with your opinion even though I have been following this for barely anytime. I have seen all the videos, screenshots, and features that they currently have right now. If they have all of those options, then they should just release beta for us and then they can update in beta. I don't want to wait for that long and still have them working on it when it could've been release in beta a while ago.

12. XE23K13L

13. a2bradjan

a2bradjan Poptop Tamer

On the road map, they are about 60-70% done so beta should be out pretty soon.

14. Zoolot

Trying to predict the beta or release is like trying to predict what breakfast you will have 20 years from now. You can't.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  15. KirasiN

They were around that % since march or april xD Don't remember when the roadmap started.

Hebephryo likes this.
  16. a2bradjan

a2bradjan Poptop Tamer

20 years from now I'm probably not going to have breakfast. xD I agree with you at this point. Im waiting for the daily updates for the 5th and the 6th and now the seventh.

17. cutting edge

cutting edge Star Wrangler

we will all probably be robots.

18. Riffy

Riffy Space Spelunker

It's been so long since I bought a pack of keys for this game, anyone know if they will resend them or should I get a shovel and dig into my email?

19. a2bradjan

a2bradjan Poptop Tamer

I don't think they will resend them, I don't know. But I think you need to look through everything thoroughly.

20. XE23K13L

Because you said this, i'm going to eat pancake for my breakfast with bacon 20 years from now. IT. IS. ON.

KuraiArashi and WoxandWarf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.