1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Preorder Question

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mercy, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercy

Mercy Tentacle Wrangler

Hi all, new to boards and game.

I only learned about this game today (well, about 30 minutes ago), and wanted to ask a question about preordering.

If I buy a lower level preorder can I bump up to the next level (or any other higher level) and only pay the difference?

I would like to give this game a go, and it appears the only way is to preorder it, so I want to make an informed decision.

Thank you.

2. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Welcome.

I believe the entire amount is refunded to you, and you then purchase the new level. However, the devs have mentioned that it's preferable to choose the right level first off rather than changing level, as they lose $1 on each transaction.

3. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Welcome to Starbound Mercy!
    Pretty much what Calris said, nailed it, But you might be better off digging through the forum to get a better glance at what the game is fully about (Even though there are a ton of features Tiy is keeping secrets from us about) Then make your decision from there. Preferably saving up and getting the tier you think you will eventually want to pay as a forefront is better though to save time and energy on both parties ;)

I wish sometimes they did place an upgrade feature into the preorders though ._.

4. Mercy

Mercy Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and preordered the Gold Tier. I figure that is a good balance of trying the game out and not spending a ton of money on it. Thanks again.

Loxy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.