Prefixium ore

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by starman, Mar 4, 2012.

1. starman

starman Subatomic Cosmonaut

A lot of people (at least from what i've seen on the forums) would like to have more control over the buffs on their equipment and weapons.

my suggestion is an ore you can find called "prefixium ore"(better name needed). when you find the ore it will have a random prefix(e.g. angry prefixium ore, godly prefixium ore, etc.). you can then use this ore(not sure if it should be refined into bars or not) and can apply it to your weapon/etc to gain that buff.
    the better the buff is, the less chance you will find that ore, and any you do find would be found in a smaller cluster.

I think this would be a fair way to give control over the buffs for the player, without everyone walking around with "godly" stuff, and it will also be an interesting trading object for players in larger servers.

2. NamAdNats

NamAdNats Master Chief

Your idea is for an attachable/combine-able item to attach to certain weapons to give buffs, right?

I personally don't know if I agree or disagree with this. I don't like how its;
    • a) An ore,
    • b) Pre-defined
    • c) Possible for someone to find a vein of "Godly Prefixium"
    However I do like the idea of buffs for weapons but I'd prefer it to (instead of buffs/debuffs) to instead to be attachments such as a Scope or a grip that would be researched by examining certain plants/species. I think that research would have more of a progression route that just happening upon high tier buffs.
    Also, finding ores would probably be better in a game like Terraria where you are on a single world not in a universe of randomly generated worlds (IMO)

3. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

hmmm.... interesting

4. darthfodder

darthfodder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kind of an interesting idea. I prefer the idea of having randomized, procedurally generated materials though. The suggestion is in the suggestion compilation thread, but basically the properties/qualities of the material would effect stats of the equipment made. Also I think that variation of equipment in this game is going to be about more than just prefixes. The devs have stated that there are currently over 21,000 visual possibilities for a rocket launcher alone, and millions of possible rocket launchers as far as stats go.

5. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I think that upgrading your equipment should come from better blueprints that produce better weapons.

6. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe a similar WoW gem slot? I think it would add some JUICY FLAVOR to the game xD!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince