1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Pre-painted tiles? Not always!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kawa, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

In a Tiled dungeon, you can use a modifier object to paint the walls. This is used to great effect to paint the Occasus spaceships purple, for instance. It also works great on mission worlds, and anything spawned in with /placedungeon.

Today, @Nemasys and I confirmed that it does not work on naturally-occurring randomly-placed dungeons. What's the deal with that?

My testcase: replace an annoyingly popular choice of random dungeon with a small one-part thingy, which has a panel set to be painted yellow.
    Image2.png
    Yeah, I had to paint it yellow manually just to get that pic.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

I have also recently noticed that when manually spawning the dungeon in, sometimes only part of the tiled get colored. The tiles furthest from the spawn point do not get colored. I'm not going to pretend that I know all of the technical ins and outs of this stuff, but could it be possibly related to some kind of chunk persistence issue?

3. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Just a slight tangent... Exactly what is the syntax for that modifier...?
    (I've been searching up on that for Tiled for quite some time. Might be useful to know if this bug is later addressed. :))

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Here you go bud.
    unknown.png