1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pre-paid card and pre-order and how long with beta be available with pre-order

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by aertys12, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aertys12

aertys12 Intergalactic Tourist

:cry: so I just went out and bought a green dot visa prepaid card and spent the last 2 to 3 hours trying to pre-order. Please tell me I didn't get screwed again and that non of the options listed take pre-paid. If so then how long do I have until the beta is no longer offered with pre-ordered if that is the case. Email is currently spammed with " Your Transaction has failed." with Amazon.

2. Missingno The Sixth

Missingno The Sixth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was also planning on getting one of those Amex or Visa giftcards to pre-order the game. I haven't done this yet so I don't know if it would give me the same problem. I might wait to pre-order now that I see that this might be a problem.

3. Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could always use google.
    Go to google wallet, login, attatch that pre-paid card to your google account, then just follow the prompts. It's what I did.

Mega Man X likes this.
  4. Missingno The Sixth

Missingno The Sixth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried a pre-paid Amex w/ PayPal and it said that the "bank" denied the card. I will try Google and post results.
    Edit: I tried using Amex on PayPal on my phone. Don't think that it should have made a difference though.
    Edit again: Tried Google on my computer. First time it said that the current payment method was not valid. Second time it gave said to update my card and that it put my order on hold. I'm going to make a separate thread about this.
    Good luck to you, OP.

Edit (I pray this is the last one): Problem resolved. Google Wallet worked after I tried it again. You should try it too, OP.

5. KrimsonRed

KrimsonRed Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't have a problem with a pre-paid card. But it was a Mastercard pre-paid... not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.