Modding Help Power Gauntlet weapon. Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ennsane, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Ennsane

Ennsane Yeah, You!

I want to create a mod that adds a new weapon, the power gauntlet. I can handle the spriting and some of the simpler modding, but I dont even know if what I want to do can be done.

So i have some questions if the answer is yes ill need help with doing so.
    • Can a entire new weapon category be created?
    • When an enemy is hit is it possible to have the PWR Gauntlet knock them up and away in an arch, or even just up?
    • is there a way to have custom walking animations and attacking animations when using the gauntlet?
    After I get started i'll probably have more questions but I rather have these answers before I waste my time.

2. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

What you could do is create a dagger that simply looks like a power gauntlet, and then set it up as a new item, and then set up a crafting recipe.

It would probably take a decent amount of work to create a new category and then give it special physics to throw things upwards.

3. Ennsane

Ennsane Yeah, You!

I dont mind putting in the work i just need to know how.

4. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

I'm not certain myself, but if you delve into some of the files within assets using notepad, you could probably copy an already made weapon type, and edit it to create a new one. You would have to edit multiple files though.
    And for the upwards knockback, I honestly have no idea how that could be done.

5. Ennsane

Ennsane Yeah, You!

Any idea how to make the gauntlet appear on top of the hand and not IN the hand.

6. noclafyrG

noclafyrG Void-Bound Voyager

Weapons have 'angle' and 'position' in their files, most likely (haven't tried this myself yet) if you edit that it will change where exactly the weapons shows up compared to the character, so you would just need to figure out what angle and position are necessary to overlap the characters hand.